"And who are you?"

Elena sat in the Salvatore foyer on the sofa. The couch had always been so soft, her and Stefan had even fooled around on it before.

Kissing, touching.. other things she'd rather not list.

But now she sat on the same couch with him beside her, shifting uncomfortably, like pricks under her legs.

Did they have to talk about her death in a place she found so comfortable?

Elena was 70% sure she was going to die. There was nothing they could do. There's no plan to save her. The elixir Elijah has might help, might not. Apparently her life was truly a coin toss.

She could see the look in Damon's murky blue eyes. The look of pure spite. He opened his mouth to question her, she spoke up before he could.

"What about Hope?"

She knew what he was going to ask. And she definitely didn't have an answer.

"Have you found anything?" She shook off Stefan's supportive hand that rested on her knee. Leaning forward to speak directly to the Original.

Elijah frowned

"No, I found nothing about whoever they are." His words glided into the air of emotion with calmness. He picked up the clear bottle full of elixir and placed it into a black box with red velvet insides.

He picked it up with more care than a father picks up his child. She almost burst into crazed laughter at the thought of him accidentally dropping it.

Her life was literally in his hands right now.

He was always so calm. She might miss it when she's dead.

Damon glanced between Elena and Elijah.

"Something you two wanna share with the class?" He crossed his arms over his chest and tilted his head.

Elena swallowed.

"The witches told Bonnie that 'Hope was coming' and she was going to kill us all."

Damon scoffed

"Just a smidge melodramatic, don't you think?" He pinched his thumb and index finger together, a sarcastic squint on his face.

Stefan rolled his eyes.

A small look of remembrance touched Damon's crow features.

Damon paused completely.

"Wait....so you guys think this Hope chick is with Klaus?" He drew out every word with an innocently curious undertone.

Elijah's head snapped to the side and burned Damon with an undressing stare.

"Do you know something Mr. Salvatore? Or is that just your contemptuous personality?" Honey eyes narrowed.

The tense room didn't seem to bother Damon. He casually strutted right beside Elena and plopped next to her on the couch, causing her to bounce. He let out a dramatic sigh and stretched his arms.

"Well, when I went to give kittykat some vervain there was a girl there. Katherine seemed pretty spooked by her." He sang every word, like this was a joke.

Like a warning from a house full of dead witches was something to be taken lightly.

"A girl..?" Stefan repeated slowly.

Damon nodded.

"Auburn hair, blue eyes, short, total knockout." He wiggled his eyebrows flirtatiously.

Elena contemplated.

"I mean...Bonnie did say the message said 'she'. It could be her-" She started. Elijah cut her off with a sharp voice.