14.5

The next morning, they are making sure they have everything they need to make the plan work

"I'm all set," Rome says as he closes his trunk.
"Yo, Tego. Van good?" Han asks as he walks over to his car.
"You know we're always good, bro," Tego answers him.
"Hobbs is on the other side of the city," Mia says as she checks on the tracker. "We're not going to get a better window."
"Okay, guys, it's show time!" Dom calls as he rolls up the plans. "First team in position, lets go."
"Come on, lets do this," Carrie cheers before Rome, Han, Gisele, Tego, and Santos head out.
"Hey, Dom," Vince says as Carrie walks over to him. "I got eyes on Mia and Carrie." Dom gives him a nod of appreciation before walking off.

"Moscow, Bali, Goa, Hong Kong," Brian lists as he walks up behind Mia pressing a kiss to her cheek after he says each place. "And what do they all have in common?"
"No extradition," Mia answers him as she turns to look at him with a smile on her face.
"We're one hour away from the rest of our lives," Brian tells her before they go to kiss but are interrupted by the sound of an engine.
"Cops!" Vince yells from where he and Carrie are standing.
"Come on, go," Brian tells Mia before they take off running. Hobbs drives in before crashing into Dom's car.
"You just made a big mistake," Dom says as he glares at Hobbs.
"Took me a while to find that tracking chip," Hobbs says as he gets out of his vehicle. "But not as long to flip the receiver. You're going down, Toretto."
"I'm right here," Dom taunts as he walks towards Hobbs before punching him in the face. Hobbs punches Dom back before Dom punches him in the stomach. Dom shoves Hobbs into the side of his vehicle. Hobbs slings Dom onto the hood of Dom's car, pinning Dom's arm behind his back. Dom runs backwards before he slams Hobbs into Hobbs' vehicle causing Hobbs to let go of him. Hobbs throws Dom through a window. Hobbs climbs through the window before Dom slams Hobbs' head into a piece of steel. Dom tackles Hobbs through a wall before punching him repeatedly. Hobbs gets the upper hand before tackling Dom through another wall. Hobbs knocks Dom down to his knees before getting him into a headlock. Dom looks out the window in front of him before seeing Mia, Carrie, Brian, and Vince being surrounded by Hobbs' team. Carrie catches sight of Dom before looking at him panicked. Dom runs backwards slamming Hobbs into a wall causing him to let go of him. Hobbs then tackles Dom through a window before they land on a table breaking it.
"Dom!" Carrie yells as she and Mia run towards them while Hobbs' team points their guns at them.
"Stand back. I got this," Hobbs orders before his team backs up. Hobbs gets on top of Dom before punching him. Dom then flips them before punching Hobbs.
"Pull off!" Vince yells at Dom as he pulls Carrie back.
"Dom! Please, stop!" Mia yells as Brian grabs her arm to hold her back. Hobbs and Dom keep flipping before Hobbs grabs a wrench. Hobbs drops the wrench as Dom punches him. Dom grabs the wrench before raising it up.
"Dom!" Carrie yells as she remembers the day at the race tracks. Brian, Mia, and Vince look at Dom in shock and worry. Dom swings the wrench down causing it to break the concrete by Hobbs' head. Hobbs' team point their guns at Dom as he stands, putting his hands behind his head.

Dom, Carrie, Brian, Mia, and Vince are cuffed before they are loaded into the back of Hobbs' vehicle to be transported to the airport.
"Have the Marshals meet us at the airport when we land," Hobbs says as he speaks on the phone. Hobbs gets off of the phone before looking in front of him to see a man on the roof of a building. "Ambush!" The man on the building, fires a bazooka before taking out the car in front of them. Hobbs grabs his walkie as they come to a stop. "Wilkes, suppression fire. Shut them down." The car behind them stops as more of Reyes' men show up with guns. Hobbs' team gets out of the car behind them, firing at Reyes' guys. "Stagger step. Cover me." Hunt gets out of the car firing at Reyes' men. Hobbs looks at Elena. "Watch them." Hobbs gets out of the car before Brian covers Mia and Vince covers Carrie. Hobbs takes out a few of Reyes' men.
"Cut us loose!" Brian yells at Elena.
"Come on! Cut us loose!" Vince also yells at Elena, who looks at Dom. Hobbs starts making his way around the car as his team takes out Reyes' men. The man on the roof then fires the bazooka, hitting the second car which sends Hobbs flying back. Hunt goes to run over to Hobbs but is gunned down. Hobbs looks over at Fusco, who is trying to get out of the first car before two grenades are dropped by Fusco before they blow. Hobbs looks around at the rest of his dead team before several of Reyes' men start running towards him. Hobbs struggles to move before Reyes' men start getting gunned down causing Hobbs to turn to see Dom, Brian, and Vince. Dom walks over to Hobbs with a shotgun in his hands before he reaches out his hand to him. Hobbs takes his hand before he pulls him up. Dom wraps Hobbs' arm around his shoulders before he helps Hobbs to the car while Vince and Brian cover them. They all get into the car as Elena and Mia crawl into the front seats.
"We're good?" Elena asks as she looks back.
"Yeah, lets go, lets go!" Mia answers her before Elena takes off hitting the truck that is blocking their way. Mia looks back at Brian before looking at everyone else.
"Hey, Dom," Vince says as he gets his attention causing everyone to see that he had been shot. Carrie quickly makes her way over to him before putting pressure on the wound causing him to hiss. "You've got to meet my son. Nico."
"I will," Dom promises as Carrie leans her head against her brother's head.
"He's a good kid," Vince tells them. "You know, we named him after you. 'Dominic'."
"You got my word, Vince," Dom says before Vince
looks at Carrie.
"Watch after our kids. I love you little sister, C," Vince says as he takes his last breath causing Carrie to sob.
"No, no, no," Carrie says as she cries trying to wake Vince up. "V! Vince!" Dom pulls Carrie into a hug, letting her cry as Elena takes them back to the hideout where the rest of the team is waiting. They place Vince on a table before covering his body with a blanket. Brian and Mia fill everyone in on what happened while Dom and Carrie stand with Vince.
"You were always my brother," Dom says as they look down at Vince. Dom touches his forehead and chest in a cross motion.
"We got eyes on Nico now," Carrie says before she kisses Vince on the forehead. "I love you, big brother V." Dom completely covers him. "Reyes needs to pay for this." Carrie looks up at Dom with tears in her eyes.
"I promise, he will," Dom says as he pulls her into a hug.
"Let's do this for Vince," Carrie says before Dom nods in agreement.

"We need to move. We don't have that much time," Dom says as he and Carrie walk over to the team.
"I got us a flight out. We can leave Rio in the rear view in the next five hours," Han says as he walks over.
"Not to run away," Dom says as he stops on the stairs before he turns to face them. "To finish the job."
"Are you crazy, Dom? We can't," Gisele asks she looks at him.
"It's a suicide mission," Rome adds as he looks at him. "That's your man over there on the table."
"That's exactly why we need to do it," Carrie says as she glares at Rome.
"The plan is busted! This is bullshit, man. Reyes knows we're coming!" Rome adds as he rolls his eyes.
"He's right," Tej agrees as he nods his head. "They tripled the detail at the police station. It's going to be a wall of gunfire."
"Reyes doesn't get away with this," Dom says as he looks at the team.
"It's a trap," Han tells him. "You know that."
"Dom, listen to them," Elena says as she looks at Dom. "Run, before it's too late. Leave Rio. You can be free."
"Running ain't freedom," Dom says as he looks at her. "You should know that." Dom then turns to the team. "You know you're all free to make your own choices."
"I'm in," Hobbs says causing everyone to look at him shocked. "I'll ride with you, Toretto. At least until we kill that son of a bitch."
"So what's the plan, Dom?" Carrie asks as Brian wraps an arm around Mia while Dom looks at the team.
"We can't just go sneaking around anymore," Brian adds causing Mia to nod.
"We don't sneak. The only thing he cares about is his money. We pull that, we pull him," Dom explains as he glances at Hobbs.