Chapter 1: Meeting

KIM TAEHYUNG

The flickering lights and heavy smoke are getting too much for me. After a battle with drunk and insane people, I managed to get out of the club. Gazing on my wristwatch, I figured out that it's only a matter of seconds before Cinderalla goes home. I should go home too, I guess? I pursed my lips and walked away from the club.

Why I am even there in the first place? I clearly don't belong there.  

 I continued to walk, my hands are tucked inside my pockets. It was cold. As I walk further, the blazing sound from the club slowly fades and in no time, I could only hear my footsteps and my ragged breathing. 

I gazed my eyes on the surroundings. Admiring the dark skies and the serenity of the night. If not for the notification bell coming from my phone, I might get lost admiring the scenery. I checked my phone and chuckled as I read Jimin's message. Pressing the reply button, I typed a short response to him but I felt stoned as I inspect the reflection on my phone.

Calm down, Tae. It's just a shadow. 

Slowly, I turned around and scanned the place. There was none but I could feel the cold strands of sweat dripping from my forehead. I shrugged the eerie feeling and walked as fast as I could while trying to call Jimin. The constant response of the answering machine made me panic. When I heard another footstep following me...

That's it.

I ran as fast as I could wishing someone would appear on the streets. I can't even bring myself to look behind my back or to scream my lungs out. My breathing is unstable and I feel my knees slowly giving up as I continue to run. 

Then...I tripped.

Fuck it! I'm in the worst situation of my life and yet this happened. I'm fucking doomed.

When the footsteps got closer, I forced myself to stand up. Figuring out that I can't...I roamed around to find something that could atleast save me from that someone behind me. 

" Hey, are you okay? " 

I looked up. A glint of hope flickered inside me as I met his eyes. I groaned from the pain as he helped me get up from my current position and led me to a bench. I raked a gaze at my swollen ankle as the stranger crouched down to inspect my ankle's situation.

" This is bad. Should we go to a hospital? " he suggested. I only nodded and looked at the distance I ran to escape from that someone. I looked at him and creased my forehead.

" Are you the one who's following me? "

" Huh? What are you talking about? "

" Is it you?! " 

" Hey, shut it. I went outside to buy some banana milk! " The stranger waved his plastic bag with the said banana milk from the convenience store. I somehow calmed down knowing he's not lying and that I am safe now.

I mumbled a little sorry to him as he stood up and offered a hand at me. I looked at him and he shot me with a concerned look. 

" Let's go to the hospital. Can you walk? " he asked me.

I tried getting up from the seat only to fall back. I sighed as I look at him.

" Would you be fine if I leave you for a while--- "

" No. Please, don't. " I cut him off. I am too afraid.

What if that person goes back and this time there would be no one around to save me?

" Oh. Uh...I'll just carry you. Is it fine? "  

I nodded. I have no other choice than that. Swallowing the embarrassment I felt as he unconsciously touched my butt every time he felt like I was slipping away. I wrapped my arms around his neck to help him.

Tsk.

The doctor finished bandaging my swollen ankle. I was glad when he told me that there is no severe injury or broken bones on my ankle and that it will heal normally in just a few weeks. I'd probably miss a lot of fun at school for this but at least I'm not dead. I could've been dead by now. Alone in the cold street. 

If not for that stranger...

Wait...where is he?

I arched my neck to spot a glance at him. He told me he's gonna phone someone outside. Looks like he won't come back. I haven't even got his name. Well, I'm still thankful for him. I stood up using the clutches the hospital gave to me and made my way outside the room when I saw him.

" Hey, use this. " he said while pushing the wheelchair. How did he even get a wheelchair? 

" Uh, I don't need that. " I snapped at him. Pointing out the clutches. 

" No. You're gonna sit here. We'll get your prescribed medicine on the pharmacy downstairs. "

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Does he think I need that fucking wheelchair? I can still walk, y'know.

" The wheelchair is more convenient so sit. " he said as if he just went through my mind.

I sighed in defeat and sat on the wheelchair. He then pushed it gently towards the elevator. I mentally facepalmed myself when nurses and a few patients that are still awake looked at me. I glared at the stranger pushing my wheelchair as I covered my face to hide my flushed face.

It didn't take long when we reached the pharmacy. He payed for my meds and called an uber for me. It didn't take long when the car came. I slid down the passenger seat as he folded the wheelchair in two. 

Name.

Get his name, Taehyung.

" Uh, thank you for bringing me to the hospital. " I told him, flashing a smile.

" No biggie. " 

" Uh, I'm really thankful... " I repeated. I looked up to meet his eyes. " What's your name? "

" It's Jungkook. " he smiled. " Jeon Jungkook. "

A/N: Soooooooooo how was it? Hahahahha. I know. This story will contain an itsy bitsy tiny weeny of suspense, lovelies! I hope you will like this. I really planned this whole story hahahhaa.