11: Always

James and Lily were running through the corridors, holding hands. They were headed for the kitchens. Even though they'd been trapped in a cupboard for 2 hours, they still wanted to be alone. Well... alone with a few dozen house elves.

As they made their way down the staircase, they could hear the hustle and bustle of busy house elves as they scuttled off to the Great Hall to clear what remained of the party. There were less of them in the kitchen than usual, meaning they could easily make their way to the small array of chairs that sat, decrepit lined up against a wall. They sat on two worn out oak chairs in the form, separated by a tiny, crooked stool, acting as a table; and requested two hot chocolates.

"One with extra marshmallows please," James added after. Lily looked at him, she always complained to him every time they went down there that they gave her almost no marshmallows but would never ask for more, as it felt 'impolite'. She smiled at him warmly, and he smiled back, she could tell he wasn't entirely sure why she was smiling; which made him all the more attractive to her, because he didn't even realise how sweet his actions were, he was just doing it to make her happy.

"Thank you," Lily said to him, hoping he'd take the hint and realise why she was grinning so contently at him.

"For what?" James replied baffled at her random comment.

"Sometimes James," Lily looked at him with mock disgust, "you really can be a prat." She leaned over and kissed him again, just because she could now. He grinned giddily, not knowing why he deserved this praise, and not caring either.

One of the house elves brought their drinks over, handing a large mug with a pathetic blob of cream on top to James, and a drink with a huge heap of marshmallows piled daringly high on top, for Lily. She took it gratefully, thanked the elf and started to place it delicately down on the stool.

She looked at it greedily, her eyes glistening with child-like glee. She took her finger and scooped a dollop of whipped cream marshmallows straight into her mouth.

"Ho-ly crap", she slumped back in her seat, "now that is a hot chocolate."

James chuckled at her and pointed out, "you haven't even gotten to the hot chocolate part yet."

"I don't even care!" She exclaimed, causing James to shake his head, finding this random outburst of love for hot chocolate strange but intriguing, "you know, I haven't had a proper hot chocolate since I got to Hogwarts? They always give you a squirt of cream and 3 marshmallows, well no longer. From this day forward, I will always ask for more marshmallows, and that is thanks to you." She grinned a dopey smile and took another gigantic scoop of the mountain of sugar before her.

"James Potter, master prankster, head boy, great hair," he winked at Lily, but she just rolled her eyes, "and now I can add 'leader of the Proper Hot Chocolate Revolution' to that list."

"Sounds good to me," she smirked through mouthfuls of her new found love.

They continued to makes jokes, laugh and talk to each other until they had finished their hot chocolates. Feeling exhausted from a long day of ups and downs, they headed to their dormitory, finally ready to call it a night.

They climbed through the portrait hole, and stepped into the warm common room to find it empty, but luckily there was still a fire roaring, to keep the area warm. They stood in silence for a moment, standing in the middle of the room, neither wanting to be the first to leave.

Lily stared into James' beautiful hazel eyes and let go of him, "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Evans, no, not yet," James whimpered longingly for her to stay, "just 5 more minutes."