Prologue.

"You're a fucking monster," I whimper, crawling back, my vision is hazy but I can make out his figure walking closer to me. My hand stings with the cuts I've accommodated and I'm scared to look at them, to find the inevitable smudges of blood.

He chuckles and my heart stammers. I'm close to cardiac arrest. "That's cute, sweetheart," he tells me, "That you think stating the obvious would get you out of the situation at hand."

"Stay away from me," I beg, backing into the wall now. He towers over me and I don't need perfect sight to tell how menacing he looks.

"I love it when you beg, baby," he murmurs, crouching to reach my height. I flinch when his finger, cold to the touch, caresses the line of my jaw, collecting the blood there before smearing it against my lips. I tremble, my eyes wavering as I try to focus. He swipes his tongue along the mess on my lips. "You taste so good, darling." His lips hover over mine, I can feel him smile before he disappears and I'm left a lone in the warehouse once again.

I touch my chest, feeling my heart beat against my ribs, matching the loud thumping of the bass. The ceiling is shaking above me with the crowd of tonight's show. He has arrived for his set, my blood tainting his tongue as he mewls the opening chords of "The City" and I try not to pass out.

Dark themes. Probably really dark. Super unrelated to my other work.

Something new I'm trying out, I can't say if it will stick, to be honest haha, I am still definitely working on my other fics, so no worries, but this is just a little something on the side. Tell me your thoughts?

:) x