Chapter 3

Now that everyone has gathered together...

I can now begin.

This time.. I will succeed.

.
.
I just have to prepare for now...

—————————————————————————————————

Hajime POV:

Anger. Confusion. And hatred.

Thats what I feel.

I'm angry, I'm angry at myself for allowing Nagito to get close to me, for allowing him to hug me. I'm confused for as to why I felt safe, why I trusted him.

And I hate him. I hate him so much.

Because I still do care for him.

I somehow manage to drag myself out of bed, and make my way down to breakfast. I see that a small group has already gathered, of which includes Kazuichi, Gundham and Sonia, as well as Ibuki, Mahiru and Nechumaru. I assume the others are not awake yet, so I go and get a carton of Orange Juice, and some toast, before plopping down onto a table and gnawing on my food with mild interest.

Several minutes pass, and eventually Akane arrives with Hiyoko and Mikan, as well as Chiaki, who is trailing behind them, and a rather annoyed looking Peko. I frowned. Something was wrong..

Someone was missing.

.
.
.
.
.

Where was Nagito..?

.
.
.

'Hey, Kazuichi?'
I called out softly, and saw his pink mob of hair turning in my direction.

'Hm? Ya need something Hajime..?'
Kazuichi asked, seemingly nervous because of something.

.
.

'Have you seen Nagito?'

.
.

The goofy smile always plastered onto his face suddenly dropped and he looked on edge.

'U-uh Nagito? Whose that? Heh.'

.
.

This is so stupid.

Apparently, we had drawn attention to ourselves, and after a bit of arguing around the group, Nechumaru and Kazuichi both confessed to tying Nagito up and locking him in the Old Location, to 'Keep us safe'.

There blabber irritated me.

Why tie him up ?

And..

Why try to hide it when you are so obviously guilty ?

.
.

I could feel a cold liquid that was slightly sticky trickling down my fingers.

Oh.

I'd accidentally crushed the carton, causing it to spill over my fingers.

At least no-one noticed.