001. . . good days

𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 : 𝗚𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦

Viktoria is an expert in keeping a clear head

Viktoria is an expert in keeping a clear head. When she has a task, she will complete it. If she has a goal, it will be achieved. It's easier this way. Too many memories haunt her mind that would distract her from reality, her harsh reality, and she could never get distracted. She won't let herself. It's humorous how even after so many years after escaping the KGB, their teachings still have a hold on her. No matter how hard she tries to deny it. But you know what they say, old habits die hard.

After running away she didn't know what to do, she was so. . .scrambled. Viktoria never felt so used, like her mind wasn't hers, her body wasn't hers like she was inhuman. Her first night away was like an out-of-body experience. She sat there on an old armchair in a falling-apart-hotel and processed everything that happened: Natalia, the blood, the bodies, Draykov, her father. It sparked a heat in her core, a heat fueled by the boiling rage that's been bubbling inside her for years. The next thing she knew glass fragments were in her knuckles and she no longer had a neat hotel room.

The peeling out-of-date wallpaper was the only one to witness the woman snap, the only thing in the room spared from her hands. To witness her feelings of betrayal, heartbreak, longing, resentment, and fury unleash, and the objects in the room being her victims. There she sat helplessly on her knees gripping her hair as if it was a lifeline with her knuckles oozing blood. Viktoria sobbed. She screamed. She bled. She was bruised mentally, physically, and emotionally. The morning sun rose and with the new day came a new Viktoria. A free Viktoria. A woman with a free mind is someone everyone should fear, and Viktoria would make that known. In a way, you could say this was the day Snake Eyes was born but don't tell Viktoria that. . . god how she hates villain names, so tacky, ugh.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

The scent of sterilization filled her nostrils as Viktoria entered her target's location. The smell wafted to her eyes making them squint from the slight sting. This mission was a big one with a big payout. Her mind was clear as she stomped through the halls, determination lacing each step, then jumped over a counter landing next to her first target─kill─ of the day. They quickly raise a gun to her head but Viktoria's quicker and she grabs the muzzle of it then twists it down with their arm, now unnaturally positioned. They scream in pain and she punches their skull then chops their arm, effectively breaking it, then grabs the back of their neck and slams them into the wall next to her. They land with a thud as Viktoria looks over at them panting with a smirk. What a beautiful start to a good day.