Chapter 13

"Toga! Get the fuck- get the fuck out of here before somebody sees you!" You shrieked in a hushed tone. She giggled, ignoring you as she dangled herself down from the window.

"Aw no hello? You're so rude tonight Y/N."

"Toga please, I'm not worth all this, just go back."

"Oh hush silly. I've come all this way I'm not leaving empty-handed." She plucked a hairpin from her head and began fiddling with the cuffs around your wrist.

"Toga, I appreciate this, I really do but- Oh shit you got it already?" You marveled at your bandaged wrist as it was easily freed.

"C'mon, Spinner is waiting for us." She whispered with a giggle.

"Y/L/N?"

"Shit. Come on, we have to go now!"

"Fuck-" you threw yourself up. Weakened legs brought you to the window where Toga knelt down to hoist you up and out. The night air crashed against your dry skin, refreshing your entire being. You turned and reached back down to pull your friend up. A nurse rushing into the room almost catching her ankle. You laughed loudly and triumphantly as you bolted for the car. That addictive adrenaline pumping through you as a sore pain heaved in your chest.

Before you could open the car door, you heard your name being called. You turned to see Xavier and your father standing in the parking lot. Looking disheveled and confused, Xavier was clearly in shock. He ran after you.

"Fuck! Drive! Drive! Drive!" You shouted as the door closed behind you. Without wasting a second Spinner hit the gas and the car shook from side to side before speeding off into the night. You stuck your head out the car window and watched to sure Xavier never caught up. "Eat shit Mr. Perfect! We're through!" You declared as you ripped the hospital band from your good wrist and threw it to the wind. You watched him slowly disappear in the distance, his wide and desperate eyes following you as you gradually disappeared from sight. You couldn't even begin to describe the immense joy that panicked and weak expression caused.

Defeated and panting he shuffled back to your father's side. The whole time he just stood there and watched you get away. Watched as the villains took you from him once again.

"Sir, if we call the police- if we call detective- get a hero out here they could still-"

"Sure. Yeah. We'll call someone." He spoke with a nod as he looked down at his phone. A depressed expression unchanged and unmoving.

You sat back in your seat with a huge smile plastered across your face. The adrenaline and freedom rushing through you from your head to your toes. You panted, your eyes starring up at the ceiling. Free. Free. You were free. When you caught your breath you turned over to Toga, she was typing away on a little cellphone.

"Thank you." You panted.

"For what?" She asked, her eyes not moving from the little screen.

"For coming back for me. I thought..." you paused.

"That what? We'd leave you with those jerks? Absolutely not. No friend of mine is getting left behind in her time of need!" She snapped the phone shut.

"Well, I just thought, I don't know. I didn't think you guys would have any use for me. Why risk coming back for me after all that? I'm not a hardened criminal like the rest of you guys."

"Doesn't matter!" Spinner shouted. "Doesn't matter what you bring to the table, you brought something, right? We're not like the heroes, we don't judge."

"He's right. Shigaraki may have his reasons for wanting you back, but I've got mine too! I told you we'd stay together, didn't I?" She grinned. You let out a breathy chuckle.