Chapter 14

You were brought to a new base with the others. A large house in the middle of nowhere. Appearing residential and innocent to the common eye, it held the equivalent of an entire modern mansion underneath. You couldn't believe your eyes when Toga and Twice gave you a grand tour.

"I don't understand, I thought, how did, why... How can Shigaraki afford all this?" You asked I'm shock at the very end of the tour. You stood there in your own room, flabbergasted and confused.

"It's a long story, don't worry too much about it!" Toga insisted with a friendly wave of her hand.

"Yeah! He's loaded! - Broke Bastard!"

"Still, I didn't realize Shigaraki came from so much money." You mumbled.

"Eh, he just inherited this place. Won the whole army!"

"Huh!? The whole army? You don't mean, the whole liberation army!?" Toga's smile slowly faded.

"What!? You didn't know!?"

"How was I supposed to know!?"

"I thought it was public knowledge! Or maybe he mentioned it at some point!"

"No! Never!" You laughed with a worried brow.

"Damn!" Twice shouted.

"I thought he would have at least mentioned it during one of your little chats." Toga turned and waved her fingers at you.

"Little chats? What are you talking about?"

"Yeah! Whatever you guys talk about when you're alone together. Not that it's any of my business - spill it!" Twice crossed his arms.

"We've never been alone together!" You chuckled with an awkward blush plastered over your cheeks.

"Are you serious!? You're alone with him all the time! I've never been alone with Tomura. Whatever you guys talk about, I thought he would have mentioned something like that." She shrugged. You shook your head from side to side.

"Not that I can remember."

"Well, now you know I guess. Not that big of a deal, it's just Tomura inherited command of the Liberation army when we defeated ReDestro and his goons. Just so happens that came with a few perks too!" She gave you a wild smile.

"Huh. I know the army had grown in the years but I didn't realize... damn." You smiled back.

"Yeah well get comfy while you still can! If you wanna work out or something while you're waiting for your quirk back, there's a gym and training in the basement. Just try not to get lost." Twice suggested as he waved goodbye before leaving the room.