Chapter 3 - Let's make a deal

Cale laid on the wooden bed and thought something when Wei WuXian suddenly chimed.

- Are you sure you're not God?

"... Nonsense."

Cale nonchalantly shrugged his shoulder. They went silent for a while until Wei WuXian opened his mouth.

- Alright. I'll believe you for now.

"..."

"Hey, Wei WuXian, you know..."

- What is it?

"... Did my people... notice something? Or did they say something?"

- Oh, they did say some weird things like I was going to loot... Mmm that little dragon of yours? ... Yeah, loot or do something dangerous when I smiled at them.

"..."

Cale was speechless. He could imagine how terrified his people when they saw a person in front of them was acting weird.

'Is it another prank done by that fucking God of Death bastard? Or maybe another God?'

'Raon would be so shocked when he knew the truth that I was missing and would throw a tantrum for sure talking about how he would destroy this world just to find me.'

'Choi Han, too, might choke God of Death to death to tell him where I am.'

'And the others... Ron, Your Highness, Bud, Eruhaben-nim, even Clopeh...'

Flinch.

Cale suddenly got a goosebumps when he thought about how people around him would act when they found out.

"Hmmm...."

'Let's keep it a secret from them for now.'

"Huuuu..."

Cale had sighed for so many times already but he still found this situation to be annoying. He crossed his arms and let a big frown dancing on Wei WuXian's pretty face, the man he possessed.

'I need to figure it out quickly. Should I ask him to talk to Eruhaben-nim? Or maybe Lord Sherrit?'

Cale clenched his fists.

"... Wei WuXian."

"Let's make a deal."

- A deal?

"I'm not someone who's curious with other people's life, but since we're trapped in this weird situation, I think we need to make something clear here."

- ... I'm listening.

"We need to know each other's circumstances."

"I'll try to gain some information here about that cintamani. So I need you to tell me people I need to avoid or trust here. I don't want to make too many people get involved here."

- ... Hmm, alright.

- What should I do here, then?

'Oh, he's smart..'

Cale thought that he could trust this Wei WuXian to handle the situation on the other side while he was searching for a way to get them back in this world.

"There's an ancient dragon on my side named Eruhaben-nim. I need you to tell him this situation secretly. Just the two of you."

"We need to quickly go back to our body before people notice we swapped bodies..."

"... Or else something bad may happen to us."

- Mn, what do you mean by something bad?

"... Told you, I'm not someone curious of the others' life... But right now I'm in your body without no one knows it's not the real you, do you think I can continue pretending I lost my memories in front of your husband?"