Chapter 5 - Are you really my husband?

*** Two days later

"Jingyi, don't you think there's something wrong with Senior Wei?"

"Hm? What's wrong with him?"

"... He becomes more... um, polite? Do people who lost their memories become like that?"

"You ask me and who should I ask?"

"Jingyi, don't you find it weird? Senior Wei just ate the veggies meals in front of him without complaining that HanGuang-Jun didn't give him meat and liquor these days. And he didn't even do any pranks to the other disciplines anymore. Isn't it weird?"

"... It's still the second day..."

Lan Jingyi just ignored Lan Sizhui's concern. He continued feeding the rabbits.

Then...

"... Amnesia is a scary thing."

Jin Ling suddenly appeared crouching down behind them and made the two junior disciples of the Gusu Clan jolt.

"Y-young master Jin! Don't suddenly show up like that."

Sizhui patted his heart a few times to calm it down.

"Hm? What's wrong? Did you not get enough sleep, young mis- ... young master Jin? There's a bag under your eyes..."

"... I told you, amnesia is scary..."

"And why's that?"

Lan Jingyi just crouched down to see Jin Ling's shaking eyes.

"... That day... After I told my uncle about his amnesia... I felt like I just saw a nightmare..."

"What happened?"

"... My uncle... shook my shoulders hard and shouted at me that day, 'Did he forget about me, too?! Did he forget my name, that damn Wei Wuxian? Jin Ling! Tell your uncle, now!!! No- I'm gonna kill him!', something like that... His eyes popped out, I almost saw them falling out of the sockets... Scary, how scary... Then, he dragged me here..."

"Just that?"

Lan Jingyi snorted. He patted the rabbits while saying it. Jin Ling shook his head.

"No, it wasn't all. We arrived this morning and my uncle went to see him. And that person was like..."

----- One hour before

"Wei Wuxian! Is it true that you lost your memories?"

The door burst open with a bang.

Cale in Wei Wuxian's body frowned at how Jiang Cheng suddenly grabbed his shoulders. He glared at Jiang Cheng.

"Excuse me, who are you?"

"... You don't remember me? How about A-jie? Our Yunmeng Jiang?"

"Huh? Who?"

Cale just nonchalantly asked him which made Jiang Cheng blank out. Jiang Cheng was so shocked that he froze.

" Um..."

'Why is he making that sad face?'

Jiang Cheng's head went down and he bit his lips. Cale could see his shoulders were shaking.

"So... you really don't remember... about me... A-jie... and yunmeng..."

Pain.

'Huh? Why do I feel pain in my chest? Is this person someone important to Wei Wuxian? Is this body hurting subconsciously because of this person's sad face?'