Part 3 London And Pain

"I have to go…." Shen Wei was about to leave, he didn't want to argue and honestly he wasn't ready to hear any explanation from Zhao Yunlan. This reality was too painful for Shen Wei.

For the first time, Shen Wei opened his heart to trust someone but at the same time that person betrayed Shen Wei. Although this is not the first time for Shen Wei, but this betrayal is the most painful.

Now, a big question emerged from Shen Wei's mind: Why do people still want to love when they know that love is painful?

“Let me explain” Zhao Yunlan pleaded while holding Shen Wei's hand “Please…”

"You don't have to, detective Zhao. I already know everything so let me go now. I don't want to see you anymore.” Shen Wei shook his head.

"Please…. Xiao Wei. Please give me a chance to explain all of it to you” Zhao Yunlan begged “Yes, I am a policeman. I came to London to investigate the Cobra case and you are my mission, but……”

"Is all clear now detective. Thank you for protecting me but for now you don't have to. You can go back to Shanghai because you won't get anything from me” Shen Wei sighed “Not because I don't want to but because you've been lying to me. Now tell me how can I still trust you when everything is lie from the beginning?”

“Xiao Wei……”

"Are your feelings for me also just pretending?" Shen Wei asked, Zhao Yunlan opened his mouth to speak but his cell phone rang “Answer it”

“No” Zhao Yunlan ignored the video call from Han Chen “I have something important here”

"Ha!" Shen Wei sneered “Or maybe because you don't want me to know about it, Detective….”

“.…” Zhao Yunlan sighed and answered the call “What is it Han Chen?”

"Are you okay? I heard what happened today."

"I'm fine." Zhao Yunlan looked at Han Chen blankly. Shen Wei was still there and was silent “Everything is under control. They just threaten us. I think they know I'm undercover."

“Is Shen Wei okay?” Han Chen asked and Zhao Yunlan just nodded “Thankfully Shen Wei is fine. Shen Wei is the most important witness in our case. You should be able to get that proof. Maybe you should take another approach.”

Shen Wei closed his eyes, he felt like a fool. Everything was just a charade, in the end no one cared about his feelings. They approach him only for their own sake.

“Han Chen, can we discuss this later? I have something to do.” Zhao Yunlan said as he hung up the phone. “Xiao Wei…”

“What other approach do you think you would take to get that evidence from me?” Shen Wei asked “I have to admit, you've already managed to trick me. You've managed to make me fall in love and I'm so stupid. Maybe behind my back you're laughing because you've succeeded. What a show!”

“My feelings never lie! I'm not pretending for it” said Zhao Yunlan “I'm a policeman, I came here with a plan, approaching you was my plan but everything changed. I'm in love with you, I really love you and I even forgot that I'm here on a mission!”

“A liar will continue to lie to cover up another lie” Shen Wei just smiled “I'm going”

“Xiao Wei, tell me” Zhao Yunlan asked desperately “Tell me what should I do so that you can trust me?”

"Whatever you do won't change anything. You are a liar and will forever be a liar!” Shen Wei slightly shouted “You lied to me, all lies! I hate you! I don't want to see you again!"