Aubrey x Reader ✧ Sneaking Out

Note : You and Aubrey are 16-18 in this story, just like in the other chapters! By the way, in this story Mari has died.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。

You sighed, plopping yourself into bed after a long and stressful day. You didn't even feel like checking the time or doing anything at all. You closed your eyes and pulled the covers over you. It felt so nice to be back in bed.

As you were drifting off to sleep...BZZT.  You groaned in annoyance. You grabbed your phone and squinted your eyes in frustration due to your phone being so bright in your dark room. The notification read :

Aubrey : are u doing anything?

Your heart skipped a beat as you read it was from Aubrey. What could she want at...12:11 AM? Your exhaustion suddenly disappeared and was replaced by a mix of fear and excitement.

You : no lol i was about to go to sleep, but what's up?

Aubrey : forget about that come on let's go to 7/11 (convenience store) i have some coupons so it's even cheaper

As much as you wanted to go, it was late and you had school/work tomorrow. Plus you didn't want your parents to wake up.

You : aubreyyy it's so late i don't wanna wake anyone up

A few seconds passed.

You : will anyone else be there lol

Aubrey : no now stfu it's time to go

You : i've never snuck out before?

Aubrey : pfff just be super quiet...k i'll be there in a few, hope you're ready!

Oh no. You couldn't just tell her no, especially since she was so insistent and because she's...Aubrey. You groaned to yourself, slightly panicking as you always did when you hung out with Aubrey one-on-one. You put on your most comfortable outfit, immediately regretting it right after. You figured that you should wear something better in front of her, but then remembered you were literally going to a 7/11 at midnight. Something more formal would be extremely out of place. You looked at yourself in the mirror and decided that this outfit would just have to work. Soon, a text from Aubrey arrived.

Aubrey : go outside loser i'm waitinggg...just go out the window or smthin lol

You felt embarrassed going out the window and decided to tip toe to the front door. Luckily, no one woke up and you were in the clear for now. You made your over to Aubrey and sighed. "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"The goodie two shoes title is hard to keep up. Now, come on! I really need a slushee right now."

"Hey! This isn't that bad!" You retorted.

Aubrey began walking in the direction of your local 7/11 and said jokingly, "I'm sure Hero would be extremely disappointed."

"Don't say that!" You playfully hit her and she laughed. You got a good look at her and felt a blush creep onto your face. Even at night, she still looked like a goddess. She had an oversized black hoodie on which complimented her dyed pink hair perfectly. She noticed you staring for an unconventional amount of time and said, "Uhhh (Y/N), whatcha lookin at?"

Your mind raced, trying to find a believable excuse. The first thing that came out of your mouth was, "That tree over there! It looks kinda...funny." Great save.

She averted her gaze to the tree and stopped in her tracks, staring at the completely normal tree for a few moments. "I don't get it."

You walked over to the tree, trying to make yourself seem more convincing. "Nah Aubs, look at this branch."