Sunny x Reader ✧ Childhood Friends

Hello again! I took a tiny break between writing because I just had no ideas, but I suddenly got this idea so yay. Must preface by saying that "the incident" unfortunately has happened here. 

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

You woke up from your car nap only to be hit with the glaring sun in your face

You woke up from your car nap only to be hit with the glaring sun in your face. You squinted and observed where you were. 

There was a sign read, "Welcome to Faraway Town!"

The familiarity of the area filled you with an indescribable wave of nostalgia and you slightly smiled, remembering all the good times you had. It had been around four years since your family had moved, though you still held your childhood friends close to your heart, even if they hardly wrote you back. Admittedly, you did have some feelings of sadness lingering around the fact that you had drifted away from your friends after you moved but were hoping to rekindle at least some spark of a friendship. Although it would be easier to assume that your friends didn't want to see you again, you decided to keep a brighter mindset and hope for the best. Besides, you were only staying for two weeks since this trip was only meant to be a "throwback vacation". What's the worst that could happen?

As the car stopped in the hotel's (the very new one that just so happened to not be shown in the game) parking lot, you sat up fully and gathered a few of your things. You got out of the car and walked into the hotel's lobby. After you got checked in, you went up to your room and started unpacking. You were eager to surprise your old friends and see how much everything had changed. 

As you were almost done, you asked your guardian, "Do you remember whose house is closest?'

They paused for a second and nodded. "Yeah, I do! I think it was Sunny and Mari's house. You should go stop by and say hi! Just be back by ten. Have fun!" And then you were off.

Sunny, your first crush that you got fake married to when you were twelve. Awesome. Last you had heard from him, Mari had gotten accepted into her dream university, meaning you probably wouldn't get to see her on this trip, but maybe Sunny could relay a message to her for you. Next to Sunny, Mari was your closest friend in the group. She just always seemed to know how to cheer you up and keep the group going. It sucked that you hadn't heard from her the longest. She must be really busy. 

As you walked to Sunny and Mari's house, you put your earbuds in and began jamming out to one of your favorite songs. Upon arriving at their house, you paused the song, took a deep breath, and walked up to the door. Finally, you mustered up the courage to knock. You waited for what felt like an eternity before you saw an eye look through the peephole. You jumped a little from surprise and saw the door slowly open. You were met with a boy that you initially didn't recognize. Was that really Sunny? Damn, he looked rough. Not unattractive, just a lot skinnier and well...dead looking, to put it in simple words. 

His eyes widened as he processed who was in front of him. Sunny tried to say something, but it only came out as a croak. You couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey Sunny, it's been quite a while! How have you been?" You asked.