Hero x Reader ✦ Winter Break

Hero : Boarding the plane now, baby!! So excited to see you <33

You hadn't seen Hero in a few months due to him getting accepted into a prestigious ivy league univeristy. While you on the other hand, decided to stay and pursue your dreams in your home town. Long distance definitely wasn't easy, but you and Hero made it work by calling and texting as often as possible, and of course being communicative.

Finally, Hero's winter break was starting and the two of you couldn't be more excited. His schoolwork had been piling up in the recent days, so calls were becoming less frequent. Obviously this wasn't the best, but luckily there was still something to look forward to.

You decided to try getting some rest before picking him up at 6 AM, but were far too eager to see him again. You ended up getting a few hours of sleep and spent the rest of the waiting time just watching a few comfort shows. You noticed the time and began getting ready. Though you wanted to seem as presentable as possible before you saw him, the sleep deprivation was beginning to kick in, so you just put on some comfortable clothing that looked nice enough.

The excitment began to set in once again as you drove to the airport. Anxious heartbeats got louder and heavier, so to drown it out, you played some of your favorite songs on your car speaker. It was definitely nervewracking to see him again, but in a good way.

You parked and picked up your phone as it vibrated from a notification

Hero : Woo! Landed safely! I'll be there soon! Gimme around 25 minutes. :))

You smiled to yourself and somehow just on time, Hero was tapping on your car's window with a grin plastered on his face. Wow, still extemely punctual.

You quickly exited your car to give him a tight hug. As he wrapped his arms around you, your heartrate skyrocketed and you finally felt back at home. You felt happy tears well up in your eyes as you gave him another loving squeeze. After a while, it was time to pull away and you helped him put his luggage back in the car.

He entered the passgener seat as you sat down behind the wheel. He let out a content sigh and put his hand over yours, looking you in the eyes.

"I've missed you so much, (Y/N). I'm so glad I can finally see your beautiful face in person again. God, it's been so long." Hero said.

"I agree! Seeing you on video call really just isn't the same. Plus, now I don't have to die when you have bad connection. But in all seriousness, I've really missed you too."

Hero chuckled and nodded. "I know how mad you get...Mm, you wanna go now?"

You nodded as well and started up the car, beginning to drive back to your place. "When are we gonna go to your place?"

"Maybe in a few hours. I didn't get any sleep on the plane, and I just wanna stay with you for a bit..."

You blushed a little and smiled. "Haha, yeah that sounds good. I didn't get that much sleep either."