Chapter 18

ERIC'S POV:

We reached the parking lot and I opened the door for Hope. Taking her hand in mine we went inside.

"Reservation under Eric Shaw" I said at the reception.

The girl sitting at the reception visibly paled and said "Sure Mr Shaw come this way". She was almost trembling wtf man these people just tarnishing my image in front of Hope. I looked over to Hope and as expected she was looking between me and that receptionist with analysing eyes. As soon as we reached our table the receptionist left saying she'll send the waiter to which I replied "not yet". And then she left.

"You should talk nicely to people, that girl couldn't even do her job properly" hope narrowed her eyes at me.

My jaw hung open wtf did I do now???

"Don't act so surprised, this is your hotel isn't it. As soon as the girl heard your name she was terrified the girl couldn't even do her job properly"she again scolded me.

"Well maybe then I should fire her, she couldn't even do her job properly" I grunted.

"Eric" she gave me a warning glare.

"Fine fine I won't do it" these employees are really testing my patience these days. I don't feel anything other times I don't care if they fell on their knees after hearing my name. But in front of hope, like what would she think what am I a devil?.

"You know I am not actually that bad of a boss" I clarified clearing my throat.

"Yeah sure" she smiled.

I was about to protest more when I saw someone talking to the receptionist. I immediately recognised them and got up.

"You wanna come?? My Professor is here I want to greet him." I asked hope.

She scrunched her eyebrows a little
"huh..
Oh yeah sure" I guess it was abrupt.

Then we both went to them. They were talking about something with the receptionist.

"Good evening Mr Moore is there any problem??" I intervined.

Mr Moore looked over to me and was surprised "oh son how are you, it's been a long time since I last saw you" he exclaimed.

Umm okay this is overacting. If I don't finish it fast hope will see something is off.

"Yeah Mr Moore so as I was saying is there any problem??"

"No no son there is no problem"

Wtffffff!!!!!!!! He is supposed to say yes. I shouldn't have trusted Noah with the actors he again did a sloppy job. That bitch.

"Yes Mr Shaw actually it's our anniversary we wanted to have dinner outside to celebrate it, but the restaurant is full" the female actor supposed to be his wife said.

I sighed in relief. It'll work out.

"Check once again there must be a unreserved table" I said to the receptionist.

Then I looked at my supposed professors wife " wait a little I am sure they will figure something out". I am just going to ignore that supposed teacher.

I brought hope back to our table and placed my hands on my forehead like when I am thinking hard.

"Eric" she said slowly.

"Yes princess" I looked at her knowing what's coming next.

"We should give our table to your professor, I mean it's their anniversary"

"Are sure baby?? You won't mind?"

"No ofcourse not" she smiled reassuringly at me. I smiled at back at her and got up.