The Talk

Scooter and I cuddle most of the day. I actually did start my period though. Thank God I cought it before I bled anywhere. Scooter got me a heating pad from Julie and some mydal. It helped for a while but not long so Scooter gave me a back massage and layed on the door with me. We got high and laughed about everything and anything, then we got hungry so we went to the store to get brownies. Those were gone in an hour.
After school before practice Rick and Cole stopped by to "see how I was doing" but really they just wanted to know what happened last night. Scooter told them about us dating and surprisingly they were cool with it. But Rick also told us something kind of shocking.
"Ok, well since y'all are dating now I think you should know something." He says leaning in.
"What?" Scooter asks interested.
"Sky, Adam likes you. I'm surprised you haven't noticed." Rick says starting to roll another blunt.
"What? Wait really?" I ask.
"Yeah, that's why I was asking if you'd go to the formal with him and all that stuff."
"Shit. Well how are we gonna tell him?" I ask turning to Scooter who looks slightly annoyed.
"I don't know, we could just tell him together." Scooter says looking at me.
"Actually, I think Alaska should tell him alone. I mean it'll hurt less and be less embarrassing." Rick says.
I nod, understanding where he's coming from.
"He's right, I'll do it after practice." I say more so to Rick than Scooter.

-After Practice-

After Rick and Cole left for practice Scooter and I settled down and watched a movie. He still seemed annoyed though.
"What's wrong?" I whisper to him.
"What do you mean?" He asks.
"You're acting like someone just shoved a stick up your ass." I say slightly louder.
"Nothing's wrong." He says sternly turning back to the movie.
"Obviously something is wrong just tell me what it is." I say in a regular voice now.
"Oh my god, fine. Adam likes you and it bothers me." He says quickly.
"Scooter," I say in a comforting voice. "It shouldn't bother you, I would never choose anyone over you and you know that."
"I know, but before we were dating you and Adam were always flirting and...." He trails off.
"Listen, I'm going to tell Adam that I dont like him in that way and if he has a problem with it then...we'll figure it out." I say rubbing his arm. He looks at me for a moment before pressing his soft lips onto mine.
"I'm really glad you're mine." He say whispers against my lips.
"I'm really glad I'm yours too." I whisper back. We kiss once again but this time were interrupted by a knock at the door. Scooter gets up to answer it. I get up too but don't see who's at the door. By the look on Scooters face I could tell it was someone he doesn't like. I walk over and see Adam standing there still sweaty from practice. He's holding a plastic bag in his right hand. He smiles when he sees me.
"Y/n, hey Rick told me you're on you're period so I brought you your favorite candy and chocolate milk." He says opening the bag to look into it.
"Aw, Adam thank you," I start. Scooter shoots me a look and I roll my eyes and sigh. "Adam, can I talk to you please?" I ask. He nods. I take the bag and hand it to Scooter who takes it in his room. I pull Adam some what down the hall and we sit on the floor.
"Ok, so last night..." I start. I look into Adams eyes. He has a hopeful yet tired look in them. I know there's a lot going on in his life right now and I kind of feel like shit adding this to it.
"Last night, Scooter asked me to be his girlfriend." Adams face dropped. He took a deep breath and nodded.
"And?" He asks.
"I said yes." I reply. I don't know why but I feel guilty. Adam has always been there for me, he's my best friend. Maybe it's the hurt look in his eyes or the way he's avoiding looking at me but I feel terrible.
"Ok." Is all he says before standing up and offering a hand to me to help me up as well.
"What?" I ask taking his hand and getting up myself.
"You're happy right?" Adam asks looking into my eyes.
"Well...yes." I say still confused.
"Alright, then I'm happy for you. Just let me know if he ever hurts you." He says beginning to walk away.
"Wha- Adam wait!" I call our running up to him. He turns around and smiles.
"Yeah?"
"So that's it, just "ok"? There's nothing else?" I ask.
"Nope, not that I can think of." He says.
"Adam Rick told me." I say quietly.
"Told you what?"
"That you like me, that's why you've been acting so weird." I say looking down. Adam opens his mouth to say something but stop himself.
"What?" I ask.
"Nothing, I'll see you later Las." He says walking away.
"Adam!" I call out again. He turns around and looks at me.
"Did you have sex with him?" He asks cocking his head to the side a bit. I open my mouth then close it, not wanting to answer the question. He nods understanding.
"I'll see you tomorrow Las." He says before leaving. My heart feels like it just sunk into my stomach. Why do I feel like shit? I'm happy with Scooter, and Adam says he's happy for me. I know that's a lie though.
I walk back to Scooters dorm and flop onto his bed sighing.
"What's wrong?" He asks me coming out of the bathroom.
"Nothing." I lie.
"Bullshit." He replies flopping next to me. "Tell me."
"It's Adam." I state. "He says he's fine with this but I can tell he's not." I say sounding sad. I'm not really meaning to though.
"So? I thought you said you didn't care."
"I never said that, I said 'We'll figure it out', there's a difference." I say rolling over facing away from Scooter. After a second I feel his arm snake around my waist. He pulls me on top of him so my back is on his stomach and my head is resting on his neck.
"If you want I can talk to him." Scooter offers.
"And say what?"
"I don't know, I'll ask him why he's pissed."
"No you won't, just leave it. Please." I can't see his face but I can tell he rolled his eyes.
"Fine, but he starts being a dick to you I'm going to say something." He states.
I giggle. It's kind of hot how overprotective Scooter is.
"Ok fine." I say nuzzling more into his neck. Scooter laughs quietly. "Scooter?" I say.
"Hmm?"
"What do you want your future to look like?" I ask. He remains quiet for a moment before speaking softly.
"Well, of course I want you to be in it. I want to get married, have a couple kids, maybe still play hockey but I don't know yet. Why?"
"Just curious. How many kids do you want?" I ask.
"Two, three at most." I nod in agreement.
"What about names?"
"I was thinking Jupiter for a boy and Athena for a girl." He says.
"Well you seem to have thought this through." I giggle. He laughs. I have this strange feeling in my chest, like my heart is swelling up. It's not a bad feeling, it's like joy but it's very intense. It's because of Scooter. I love him. I mean not long ago I barely knew him enough to have a conversation with him and now we're laying on his bed talking about our future. I know it's kind of soon but I love Scooter Holland.

A/n: I'm so sorry I haven't been posting I havnt been very motivated. Also I think the next chapter is gonna skip through all of the 'almost getting kicked out of Eden Hall' stuff and Alaska is gonna be back on the ducks. I've decided that both teams have an off season so I can be more creative.
Scooter and the varsity boys are only one grade ahead of the ducks by the way, so the ducks are freshman and Scooter and those boys are sophomores.
Sorry again, love you babes:)