CHAPTER 10:

Chapter 10: The Samosa's Rise

A FEW MONTHS BEFORE THE OUTBREAK

AYA'S POV

"Wake up," I sung to them as I poured blood in their mouths.

It was time; they slept long enough. We waited long enough.

After transitioning into the strongest beasts alive; I decided as well as they after we defeated the majority of our enemies to rest. I stayed awake as I separated them, ensuring that no harm would come to them and I forced myself asleep once I trusted my company.

Years had passed and not a few; a couple hundred so that when it was time for us to awake; we would be ready to take over the world and rightfully so.

"It is time," I smiled as I awoke my first brother; Malachai.

"Ugh," he sat up and cracked his bones, "how long have we been asleep?" "I have no clue, we are in the twenty first century if that gives you any clues," I shrugged as I moved on to Michael; the one I trusted the most in the world.

I opened the coffin and stared at my poor brother, "Wake up, my sweet," I brushed back his hair as I poured the blood in his mouth. His eyes fluttered open and once he focused on me, he grabbed my hand and smiled at me. "Aya," he whispered my name and I nodded. "It is time we awake, Michael," I moved onto our next sibling.

I opened it to Markus and I sighed. Would he even appreciate this existence?

*FLASHBACK*

"Get down, please," I begged as I walked in my brother's room.

"Why?" he responded, inching closer to his death.

"Markus," I continued, walking to him.

"Don't come closer, Aya," he mumbled, his eyes fixated on the ground, "I didn't ask for this. I don't want to be here anymore." "But we need you. The family needs you, Markus," I couldn't stop talking, but I did stop moving.

My heart was beating so loudly, I had to save him. He was my brother.

"It's always about the family, Aya. What about what I want?" he then decided to sit on the ledge, "who am I besides a Samosa?" "What are you saying, my brother?" "This...what is the point in this, Aya? This pain I feel, am I the only one that feels this?"

"You're speaking irrationally right now, brother. Everyone feels pain." "Does everyone contemplate ending it? Does everyone wish for the kiss of death, like I do?"

"Markus, please," I sighed, kneeling as he turned to me. "You're groveling has gotten better I must say," he chuckled, but turned back to look at the sky. "I have sad thoughts as well. Being a Samosa is everything to me, and I hate it sometimes, too. I hate being a target and defending our name, I hate that it's a job to protect our name."

"It is a horrendous job, Aya," he then turned to me, "but you do it well." "I-Thank you, brother," I lowered my head, "but I have had to do horrendous things to do it. Come down, Markus. You're not the only one hurting. I need you baby brother," I stood and he turned back to the sky. "What is stopping me now? Why do I feel this guilt, sister?"

"I can help you; I promise I won't stop until I help you feel better." "Will I ever feel better?" he sniffled, "I am tired of feeling...so helpless. So useless, what can I offer that Malachai can't? That our bastard of a brother, Michael? All those that have your affection, truly have your heart? I am the forgotten son in the sea of Samosas."

"You have my heart, baby brother," I decided to walk to him as he crumbled before me. "I am here," I cried with him, "you have our heart, Markus. You are as important as us all. Our baby brother, Marcel needs you as well. You have what others lack." "And what is that?" he turned to me, holding onto my embrace.