Chapter Eight

While we stopped and rested I remembered that Cyprus could evolve with the leaf stone that Erica gave me. "Cyprus Erica gave me a leaf stone and if you want you can evolve if you want." I hold out the leaf stone to Cyprus giving him the choice to evolve. Cyprus touched the stone and glowed blue and evolved into Victreebel. "Victreebel the flycatcher Pokemon. Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungle, although no one has returned from there."

Marvelous. The next gym is in Fushia City, the poison type Gym Trainer. Walking down route sixteen I encounter many trainers and some have bikes. It seems this route and route seventeen is a cycle route. At one point I encountered a herd of Ponyta and Rapidash, but near the back of the heard was a blue flamed Ponyta. Taking out my pokedex I scanned both Ponyta and Rapidash,"Ponyta the fire horse Pokemon. Its hooves are ten times harder than diamonds. It can trample anything completely flat in little time. Rapidash the fire horse Pokemon. Very competitive, this Pokemon will chase anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing it." The rest of the heard broke off from the shiny Ponyta and the largest Rapidash stopped the Ponyta from joining them. I make my presence known and approach the Ponyta. "Hey Ponyta, everything is going to be alright."

Ponyta backed up but made no move to run. I sit down on the ground and pull out my violin and play a soft tune calm it down. In a few minutes Ponyta is laying down behind me allowing me to lean back into it. I take a break and look behind me and find Ponyta sleeping. It is about lunch so I bring out the rest of my Pokemon and we have lunch. By the time we finished Ponyta woke up, it slowly approached and allowed me to touch it. Petting its neck I find the flames do not burn me, it seems Ponyta trust me. I give it some of the pokefood that I have on me and it seems to like it. Taking out one of my pokeballs I ask Ponyta if it would like to join me. It tapped its head and the pokeball dinged.

While walking I allow Ponyta to walk along side me and even rode Ponyta for a bit when it offered, also during that time I found out Ponyta was a male and I nicknamed him Shula.

Before we hit Fushia City we enter Gringy City. The pamphlet I picked up when I entered the City said it was a lively city. I guess with all the pollution from the factories gave the city its name and drove most people off. Not wanting to spend a lot of time in the city I stop at the Pokemon Center, but the Nurse Joy there is laid back and has no care for the Pokemon. Before the conversation could escalate the power goes out.

Nurse Joy goes into the back and I find a few Pokemon in intensive care unit. "If we don't get the power back on they might not make it," said Nurse Joy. "Where is the power plant for the city," I ask. With the directions I hop on Shula and lead him to the power plant. Entering the plant I find no one in the lobby. Reading the map on the wall I make my way to the central control room. While Shula light the way, but I kept getting the feeling of being watched. At one point a rancid smell came from nowhere; up above my head a vent duct cover clattered to the floor and the smell intensified. Then Grimer started pour out of the vent duct. Shula and Prism run beside me, but turning a corner I bump into someone. "Hey who are you," a man shouts.

"Xavier. I came here to turn the power back on, but we need to get somewhere safe." Before they could ask questions the horde of Grimer come around the corner. We run and go into the central control room. While they looked around the room I hold the door so the Grimer can't get in. "Why is the power not turning on?"

"The Grimer are blocking the water way and with the water blocked we can't bring the water to boil, so it can turn the turbine."

"Have you tried getting ride of the Grimer." But before they could answer the Grimer start ramming the door. Unable to hold it closed Grimer start pooring in. "You are a Pokemon trainer. You can battle the Grimer and get ride of them." Maybe but there are so many. "Shula use flame charge, Prism power gem, Maren swift, and Kaida dragon tail repeatedly." Over the course of half an hour my Pokemon were able to take out the Grimer in the plant and the ones that are blocking the water entery way. During the battle with Grimer's evolved form, Muk, Shula evolved into Rapidash. When I stepped into the Pokemon Center the power was back on.

Since the power is back on the Pokemon in the intensive care unit are safe. Getting my Pokemon healed I head of to Fushia City. To be able to get to Fushia City I will need to pass through a mountain, but looking at the map and my surroundings I am surrounded by mountains. After walking a bit farther the ground started to rumble. I find many big trucks toppled over. I go over and ask what is wrong.

"I can't take this any more. The Diglett are destroying everything. That is why we called in able trainers that are passing through to help us get rid of the Diglett."

"I am an able trainer."

"You must be the first trainers we called in."

"No sorry. I was just passing by, when I heard a commotion." Suddenly a red car pulled up and three large trucks.

"The first wave are trainers are here. Who are you?" A blue haired teen was riding in the red car with seven girls.

"Xavier Loveless. I am a trainer that was passing through. Might I ask for your name?"

"Jason is the name the greatest Pokemon to leave Vermilion City and the Kanto region." Well, he is full of himself.

"That does not matter. We need to get rid of those Diglett." We gather in front of the construction site and the foremen goes on about how the Diglett are the worst parasite Pokemon to exist. Then Jason went on of how they are not parasite Pokemon, but a mole Pokemon. "They are here the Diglett. Trainers get rid of those Diglett and you can get a seven night stay at the hot springs." Jason went up and threw his pokeball. When the pokeball landed the Pokemon did not come out, then a Diglett brought back his pokeball. "Thank you. Wait this is not supposed to happen I will just bring out my best Pokemon." The same thing happened. All the other trainers started to throw their pokeballs, but they just pilled up into a mountain of pokeballs. "It seems the Pokemon do not want to battle the Diglett," I said.

"I can very much see that," Jason snapped. The foremen then started chasing the Diglett around with a hammer, but the Diglett are to fast for him. Giving up the trainers left. I looked around and found a hot spring in the forest. Stripping down to my shorts I get in and allow my Pokemon to enjoy the spring as well. While in the hot spring Diglett started to pop out, I hurriedly dressed and ran after the Diglett. Now that is why the Pokemon would not come out. In a large field the Diglett and the Dugtrio are planting trees, and if the dam is built this will be destroyed. Seems the foremen found the field as well. The foremen said that construction will stop and the Pokemon will be able to live in peace. I ask for directions to Fushia City and head off for Fushia City.

1359 words