Another Happily Ever After

Hey guys! This is an exclusive chapter from James's POV. This is not in any one my stories, so I hope you enjoy it!

James

The flash of her eyes is what made me so attracted to her whenever I saw her that cool day. Of course, my mother wanted yet another cook book, even though she didn't cook, and I was desperate to get out of that house that was constantly filled with hatred and arguments that I offered to get it, although we had servants after servants that could easily get it for us.

Impatiently, she stood at the cash register, tapping her fingers redundantly as she watched me scan through shelf after shelf. Her blue eyes vibrant and her black hair pulled back, she was almost perfect to the eyes as she pressed her lips together.

"Do you need help?" she called from the desk, sitting on a stool.

I didn't need help, but that didn't phase me as I said, "Yeah."

Sighing, she got up as she walked towards me, arms crossed. "What are you looking for?" she asked as she stood beside me.

"A cook book," I replied quietly as I watched her.

"Any one in particular?" she questioned as she began walking down the hall of bookshelves.

"No."

Stopping about fifteen feet from where she originally was, she dragged her hand on the wooden board that held the books up, placing her hand on a red spine.

Swiftly, she pulled it out, wiping off the nonexistent dust with her hand. "Is this good?"

"Yeah, but, umm, I think she wants a few," I lied, not wanting to leave quite yet.

Annoyance spreading across her expression, she strolled to another row of books, leaving me behind. Trailing behind her, I watched as her messy ponytail bounced as she walked.

"How many do you think she wants?" she asked.

"She's my mom," I interrupted, wanting her to know that I wasn't shopping for my girlfriend or anything like that.

"Good for you," she sarcastically responded. "Now how many does she want?"

"Eight," I came up with a number.

Blinking twice, she turned back to the multiple cooking books, shaking her head. "We only have six," she replied. "We can order more."

"And I can come and get them?"

Squinting her eyes, I could tell that I sounded like an idiot. Of course, I would come to get them. . .

"Yes," she answered slowly.

I liked the sound of her voice, how sure it was. She sounded like nothing could get her down, nothing could make her want to give up.

"I' James, by the way," I informed, randomly, as I stuck out my right hand.

"Serena," she told me, shaking it.

And, for the first time since I saw her, she smiled a small, embarrassed smile as she pulled her hand away, blushing at my touch.

It was that moment that I first wanted to kiss her.