3|Lies, Lives|

"What do we do?" Fabian asked once we got back to the house.

"We need a Sibuna reunion." I half-heartedly smiled. 

"But Alfie and Mara are still in England." Amber pointed out.

"Uh, maybe only Eddie and Patricia?" I suggested. They both nodded, then I grabbed my laptop, opening up my emails.

EDDIE,

Sibuna meeting ASAP. 

Bring Patricia.

-Nina

'

"I thought the Osirian and the Paragon had to be seperated or bad things would happen?" Fabian pointed out, referencing the note I gave to him years ago.

"I-I lied," I looked down, "Eddie was in it."

"S-so you lied to me this whole time?" 

"I had to Fabian," I pleaded, "I was putting everyone in danger." 

"So, you put yourself in danger, alone?" He asked, angrily.

"I'd rather me dead, than everyone else." I stated.

"So-" He got interrupted by my phone.  I slid the button to answer the call,

"Hello?" I said, waiting for a response.

"Is this Nina Martin? Grand daughter of Evelyn Meridian Martin?" 

"Yeah, why?" I asked, worry filling my eyes.

"She just had a heart attack, I'm afraid, she's no longer with us." My world came crashing down, the familiar feeling too heavy to handle. I sunk down on my knees, as tears fled freely down my face. I got up, and ran to the garage. Realizing Matt took the car, I kicked the wall in frustration. Not again. Those words flew through my mind and out of my mouth as I ran, I had to go somewhere, I needed to be alone. 

"Nina!" Amber and Fabian's voices were getting further away. After a while, my legs grew tired, and realized, I'd never get to say goodbye. I ran again as fast as I could, nearly getting hit by three cars, but I didn't care. I had to see my gran.

Once I got to the hospital, I immediately ran to the front desk.

"E-Evelyn Martin?"  I stammered, asking for the area my Gran was at.

"She's in the morgue," She said sympathetically,  "Greg, take this young lady to the morgue, for Evelyn Martin." She pointed to a middle aged man wearing scrubs. He nodded and motioned for me to follow him. Once we got there, I saw my Gran, lying lifelessly on the metal table. 

"Gran?" I croaked, "First mom and dad, now you?" 

"I knew it, I'm a danger to everyone around me." I sobbed, tears soaking my shirt. I kissed the top of her forehead.

"I love you Gran, G-goodbye," I wiped off my tears and stood, and walked out of the room.

When I got out of the building, I headed for the tall skyscraper Matt worked at. I needed someone to hold me right now. I got to the 5th floor via elevator, and headed for his office. I grabbed and nearly turned the handle, until I heard voices. Not in my head, but real voices.

"Hey baby, still going out with that brat?" 

"Yeah, but I'll break up with her soon, I just need to get the stupid locket from her." I heard the familiar voice, causing what was left of my heart to shatter. I burst open the door, causing Matt and his assistant's head to turn towards me.

"Oh really?" I smirked, coldly, "You sick, bastard. I thought I had you- you were the only one I had." My voice cracked.

"Nina." He gasped.

"Don't. I came here, because my Gran died, and I needed you. But, here I find out, you were using me." I smiled pathetically, "but one thing's for sure. I will never, let you have this." I said motioning to the Eye of Horus.

         Turning around, I slammed the door behind me, not caring if it broke. Running back home, I grabbed a large bag, and packed everything I owned. Amber and Fabian were probably out looking for me, as the house was empty. I wrote a note saying,

'Amber and Fabian,

Hey guys, I'm going away for a few days, because I really need time for myself right now. My gran just passed away, and I'm going to end up hurting someone if I stay any longer. I'll see you soon. 

PS: Eddie's on his way with Patricia, so welcome them and try to make some room for them.

-Nina'

I placed it on the table, and left the house. I stood on the pavement beside my house and called a cab. After a while, a yellow car pulled up, and the man helped put my luggage in the back.

"Where to?" He asked from the driver's seat.

       "Uh, the nearest hotel please." I said politely.

"Yes m'am." He smiled at me from the mirror. As my house moved away, I had a growing uneasiness in my stomach.

"Uh, we just passed a hotel," I stammered out.

"Don't worry Nina." He said.

"H-how do you know my name?" Dread filled my body.

"We finally found the paragon." He says maniacally.

---------

Yeah, I know this is short, and kinda fast, but I wanted to end it there. Also I'll probably update within 12 hours, so not that big of a deal :) So, what do y'all think?

-Kyrstyn 

X Sibuna