The Planting

A/N Hey here's the next part of After the Fire

A/N Hey here's the next part of After the Fire. Have fun reading it. 

What am I supposed to do now that your gone, Oralie thought as she watched Councillor Kenric's Wanderling start to sprout out of the ground in the middle of the Wanderling Woods. She needed to keep herself together because she had spent the days leading up to the Planting completely falling apart. Most of the time she was tucking away all the things Kenric had ever given her. Except for one very special music box. The only reason she kept it out is because it played the first song they had ever danced to. And most nights since Kenric died, she had used it to help her sleep.

The Wanderling bloomed with bright leaves as red as Kenric's hair and the berries were the same shade of blue as his eyes. It was almost sad to look at it. But she had to stay strong until the end of the Planting. As the Planting continued to the part when everyone shared their condolences. Some of the first people to share were her biological daughter and adoptive family, Sophie Foster, and Grady and Edaline Ruewen. The first thing Sophie did when she came up startled them. She ran up and wrapped her arms around Oralie and whispered, "I'm sorry." She sounded genuinely sorry, like she knew what Kenric was to Oralie, so she decided she wasn't going to waste time. Oralie wrapped her arms around Sophie and thanked her. Although she should have been paying attention, the only part of the next few shares she actually heard was when they said, "We're sorry for your loss," and then left. Once the last family shared their condolences Emery decided we all needed to go home and get some rest so we all held up our home crystals and leaped away.

A/N Hey guys nothing much  more to say about this so........ Well 343 word count

Byeeeeeeeeee

              ❤Keeper