The Letter

When Oralie arrived back in Eternalia she went straight to her room

When Oralie arrived back in Eternalia she went straight to her room. She knew it was a bad idea but she started to relive all of her favorite memories with Kenric. And that's when the tears started, once again. She just sobbed on her bed until a small beeping made the tears stop. She looked at her imparter and saw that Councillor Terik was hailing her, so she ran to the bathroom and checked to see if she looked decent. She did, although she fixed her makeup, just in case, and answered the hail.

"Hello," Oralie said, surprised at how steady her voice was.

"Hello Oralie, how are you doing," Terik asked, sounding as if he had just gotten back from a long journey and was extremely tired."About as good as I'll ever be," Oralie replied, realizing that it was true and that she would never fully recover from losing Kenric.

"Yes, I assumed as much. But I had another question for you," Terik said.

"Yes."

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to come over tonight and join me for dinner?" Terik asked, probably wondering if she would do it with an emotional wound as big as hers within.

"Oh, that would be delightful!" Oralie said, trying to be polite and because she knew that she was going to need to start doing things again.

"Great so see you at 6:00 then," Terik said.

"Yes, but Terik. Let's meet behind the fountain in the main courtyard behind all the castles." Oralie suggested, "Because it is halfway to each other's castles so it's the perfect meeting spot."

"Alright, See you there," Terik said smiling as he clicked off his imparter and the screen went dark.

Oralie leaned back on her bed, staring at the ceiling and thought, Well Kenric, tonight is going to be a good night. So, she stood up and walked into her bathroom to get ready for the night. She chose a dark pink dress with diamonds along the outer rim of the collar and around the bottom of the dress, it also had white lace covering the top, and along the waist of the dress. For her makeup she put a little light pink blush on, some black eyeliner, and eyeshadow the same shade of pink as the dress. She pulled her hair into a part up-part down look, tying the front parts of her hair back with a hairpin and leaving the rest falling nicely down her back. Now that she was ready for the dinner she decided that she was never going to be able to confess her love for Kenric she might as well write something to commemorate it with. So. . . She started writing a letter for Kenric.

Dear Kenric,

I know that you are never going to read this letter but it's good to know that I finally confessed my love for you. Kenric, you have always lifted me up and helped me through all the hardship, since the day I met you. You would have been the best husband I could have ever asked for if we had decided to act on our love. But instead we decided to stay on the Council.

Your dearest friend and love,

Oralie

P.S. Even if I can't see you I know that you are always here.

Note: I will be publishing on Fridays unless I have other things going on. 589 word count.

Byeeeeeeeeee

       ❤Keeper