chapter 2: new school and nightmares

*Shadows Pov*

(It's been two weeks since Steve met Shadow and she is more comfortable with him now)

This isn't good I thought, staring at my roof. I just had another nightmare, and it was 2 in the morning, dad was on a mission and Lilly was sleeping, so I had nothing to calm me down. Lilly has hidden the keys to my games room, so my only option is to go downstairs make coffee and pop tarts and watch Disney. I got up and started sneaking downstairs, my tired mind didn't hear the meeting going on, I made the coffee and pop tarts and started watching Snow White from the Evil Queen's perspective (I forgot what it's called), I heard noises and paused the movie to listen. There were footsteps and voices coming closer, I dropped the controller and hid under the coffee table to listen, they came into the loungeroom and kept talking, I recognised my dad, Steve, and Wanda but there was someone I didn't recognise. I moved a bit to get a closer look and saw a guy with about shoulder length black hair, green and black clothing and an angry look on his face, "Well it's not my fault they got away!" they green guy yelled "Loki, how many times do we have to tell you not to get distracted!" now dad was yelling. The green guy, Loki turned around and collapsed on the couch he threw his head back and sighed. He then jumped back up and yelled "there is someone under the coffee table pointing at the table" Wanda, dad and Steve just sighed, dad kneeled down to eye height he looked at me and sighed "Shadow, get out from under their and explain what you're doing up, watching TV at 2: 30 in the morning." I climbed out and sat on the coffee table sipping my coffee, looking at the four adults who were waiting for an explanation. I wasn't comfortable with talking about my nightmares in front of a stranger, so I faced Wanda and signed 'I am uncomfortable, with green man here'. Dad and Steve looked at Wanda confused, and she told them "She doesn't want green bean in here right now". Green man nodded and left without saying a word, Wanda, Steve and Dad looked at me as if to say, 'Start explaining'. After I explained, Wanda smiled and took the pop tarts to the kitchen and when dad found out I had coffee he took it off me and poured it down the sink. Steve went to talk to Bruce to see if he had anything to get rid of the nightmares or let me sleep. The green man came back in a few minutes later and went to the kitchen to talk with Dad and Wanda. I was bored so I put sleeping beauty on and continued watching for about half an hour before Wanda came back out and dragged me to bed mumbling something about stupid Tony and need to sleep for my new school. She pulled me into mine and Lilly's shared room and pulled me onto my bed (on the top bunk) she pulled me onto her chest and played with my hair till I fell asleep.

*The next morning*

I wokeup to Lilly shouting my name, she was running around getting dressed and Wandawas gone. I jumped off the top bunk and started getting dressed too, once wewere done, we walked downstairs to get breakfast, I grabbed two Oreo pop tartsand coffee and sat on the counter waiting for Lilly to finish her Lucky Charms,Dad and Peter came in, I waived at Peter and finished my coffee as Lillyfinished her cereal. Happy drove the three of us to school laughing and talkingon the way, on the way a black sports car sped past and, some guy leaned outand yelled "Got yourself a girlfriend pen!s parker?" he drove off laughing. Hedidn't notice me cause I sit in the back in a black hoodie. School was goingfine both of us were doing well and had majority of the same classes.Everything was going fine until gym class when the same guy who made fun ofPeter on the way to school, he walked up to Lilly and started flirting with herwith his hands on her waist. She pushed his hand of and walked over to me andPeter, he followed her and grabbed her hand. She turned back to him, as I cameto stand next to her, she turned to him and told him to get off in Sokovian buthe just pulled her closer. I was mad, he was a disrespectful jerk, I took astep forward and punched him in the face to get him off her. Unluckily for mewhen I punched him, my power restricting gloves (which look like normalfingerless black gloves) glitched and I used my super strength accidently andpunched him through the wall. "I've wanted to do that since he drove past usthis morning", I said with a massive smirk on my face. That was until I noticedmy gloves glitching "sh!t" I whispered and turned to Lilly and Peter whosepower restricting devices were also glitching, we all knew we needed to get outof their and fast, lucky for us at that exact moment the principle called usover the loudspeakers to his office. "Dad is going to be mad, like reallyremember this school was the only one in Queens that would take you" Lilly saidto me as we walked out, I just rolled my eyes.