𝟝𝟜

Jealousy

Definition ~

○ Ubuntu (n.) ○

The belief is that our compassion and kindness define us towards others.

"MOTHERFUCKER!!"

"MOTHERFUCKER!!"

Throwing my phone against the wall, shattering on impact. Looking back at Christiana sitting opposite my desk, my face began hot with anger.

Flipping over the page of her book, Christiana let out a deep sigh. "Aideen, that is your fourth phone this week"

"I don't care. How hard is it to find him? He can't just jump off the face of the Earth!!"

Since the race, it is been two weeks. We have been staying at my Childhood Home; Nonno's House. Nonno has been in Italy enjoying his retirement with Antonio as my assassins and spies have been working to find him, yet there is nothing.

Having my November holiday in Oregon, instead of Italy, will just have to do for now.

But Fernando has become a ghost. I know he is not dead - because if he was, his gangers would have made a riot in his name. Civilians think that what the mafia is, is lower-class city gangers. In the Mafia Industry, we are all respected, but city ants get their respect in fear.

Curious about what happened to those cops during our race. The day after the race, Fernando made New Headlines; well, the faceless Black Mamba. 'They shot two cops in the head as they crashed into a bakery'

Trying to track him down. Fernando hasn't used his credit card or debit card in days, nor any cash payments. His gang has gone quiet, as the gang violence in the area has died - Did they jump off the edge of the world?

Christiana, Jack and I have been working our asses off trying to find him. Harrison, on the other hand, has been avoiding me ever since the race. Not trying to think about it, I push it away before my mood gets worse.

Walking to my desk, and sat down. I looked over a bunch of paperwork on my table. My door creaked open as Jack's head popped in. "Hey, Aideen. I got some info on something that might interest you. I was wondering if I could speak with you?"

Lifting my heavy head from the paperwork on my desk, I replied. "What you got?" He opened the door wider, taking a step in. "Uh, can I speak to you outside, privately?" Christiana looked up at me from her book, glaring at Jack. She and I both looked confused about why he wanted me privately.

"Jack, if it is about Fernando. I think Christiana would also like to - No, no. It's alright. You can come back with the info when done chatting. I am getting a lead at the moment." Christiana spoke, interrupting me. Looked at her with frowned eyes and a worried face. Her smile gave me the reassured she will be just fine.

Getting up from my seat, I followed Jack outside my office, closing the door behind me. "Come, let's go outside," Jack spoke, heading for the stairs. "Um? Why?" I spoke, following down the stairs with caution. "To be honest, Aideen. I don't have information about Fernando. My team can't find shit on him. But I thought you needed a break. And the only way to get you out of your office is if I lied."

My caution was raised as my hand gently hit his shoulder. We both laughed quietly, walking into the sun's rays on the porch of the front door. "Thank you. I need a break, but we all do."

"Come sit" Four stone pillars held a stone roof to give us some shade, as I sat down beside him on the stairs. Overlooking the freshly cut grass, my eyes followed to my Nonna's garden.

The birds tweeting, breathing in the fresh air, turned into a nightmare. Fantasy writers and readers that have daddy issues have glamorised the Mafia industry. There is Nothing fun about the mafia, not even the luxurious lifestyle.

It is all just a nightmare you can never escape. Killing innocent people, killing people who have betrayed us, and then finding out they are parents to children. The nightmares and stress of killing a man repeat in our heads. We fucked our mental health as we were born and raised broken, rapacious, inhuman, and guilty.

"I haven't asked. How do you know Harrison?"

"My father; Deacon worked for Harrison's Father; Antonio. Hiring him as the head of security and personal bodyguard, as they were best of friends. Harrison and I were homeschooled together and then went to culinary business school when we were fifteen. Since Antonio retired, my father did as well, so now I am working for Harrison -"

Never knew much of Harrison's past; only remember a glimpse of my childhood, chasing each other around the church on a Sunday. I never knew he was homeschooled with Jack, like myself.

"-That is also how I got my nickname, The prince of clubs. Being told I am an analytical man, and protective. I have been told I think, like a general, that I strategize too much. But I am also good at poker, but Harrison is the king." Jack chuckled, which made me laugh.

"I can imagine. You seem like you think with your brain more than your own heart. Which is good." I smiled softly back. Thinking about my own words, closing my eyes. I took in a deep breath, releasing all the stress. When opening up my eyes, the first thought that popped in was -

"One more question? Do you know why Harrison has been ignoring me?"

"Aideen!!" Raucous in the house, as my name was called out in scares. I looked back into the house. "Speak of the Devil."

Hearing Harrison calls for me inside the house gave me a sense of relief and excitement that he wanted me. But something sounded off with his calling. "Aideen!!," He called once again, but this time, with worry and urgency.

The sound of a door opening and slamming shut, as my name was repeatedly called out. "Pimpi!! Dove sei?"

Did I freeze at - Princess?

"I-I-I got to go. Harrison needs me." Getting up from the stairs, Jack stopped me, grabbing my wrist. "Wait!" He whispered, pulling me closer to him.

It happened too quickly that looking into Jack's blue eyes gave me goosebumps, cold spheres as his pupils were dilated, sending chills. Looking down, we pressed our chests against each other as he leaned down closer to me. Startled, alarmed, and puzzled as my body went into freeze mode.

Looking up at his eyes once again, my body folded as his hands moved down my back. His eye shifted between my eyes and lips as he cupped my cheek. Licking his lips, inching closer to me, to hear the cocking of a gun behind me froze him.

His eyes shifted to a figure behind me as a smirk grew. "I knew you would come for her."