•CHAPTER 3•

||•Inner Solidity•||

•||Take My Heart||•

Ever heard of the noisy silence? It is when everything around you is silent, but your ears are screaming with a sound that is not even a sound. A roaring sound of the endless fear.

The fear of the apocalypse.

Uncertainty engulfed them like a rope tightening on a man's throat. It's suffocating, horrendous, and unbearable. The outcome of it is intolerable. The only way to get this pressure out is to cry. However, when trauma and pressure meet together, the only way out is death.

Some of the audience curled frightfully after the shocking news. There wasn't any time to think, not a millisecond. Tears were stuck in almost all of their eyes. Killua was clutching Gon's wrist, and Gon's throat went dry.

The one who yelled about the appearance of the defiled human was the driver. If he died or transformed, they will all face their doom. The tension was high, and the screaming silence was intensive. All eyes were piercing through the one who everyone thought of as the leader. Aka, Gon. It all happened during the part of the second where Gon sprinted forward after absorbing the terrific information. Sweat mixed with humidity and the stench of feet and dried blood played with everyone's nose, forcing the atmosphere to be too grim.

He reached the little rectangular cell-window of the driver, leaving Killua behind with the dull passengers who definitely lost the cause of humanity and sought survival even if it meant to be a pet for the 'new generation'. "Are you okay?! SWERVE!" Seeing the zombies lining in front of the truck, getting out of their buildings, Gon screamed. To the driver's shock, he swerved maniacally, crashing the side of the truck to hit all the zombies at once. Passengers wailed and were stacked over each other when Gon clutched the window to keep his balance.

"Gon! THE ROAD IS BLOCKED!" The driver alerted anxiously, and that feeling was mixed with drastic apprehension. It was only one mutilated person; how come they suddenly got stacked as if they were waiting for the truck?

"DON'T FRET! You swerved, go back to where we started!" Gon instructed, tightening his grip on the thin metallic lines of the minuscule window. His sweat was glimmering under the little lamp of the front seats.

"BUT—"

"JUST DO IT! THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN HIT THEM AND PASS!" Stating the obvious, Gon cut the driver off and reminded his friend in duty how hard and extremely weighted these creatures are.

"DON'T PASS THEM!" The extremely tan soldier who was protecting the passengers alongside Gon interrupted, "They are very strong! They will fuckin' break the truck!"

Gon nodded agreeably to the driver who was looking at Gon from the cell-window before escalating backward, escaping the limping creatures. The tension was tedious as the passengers were scared of moving a finger, nor returning to their places. Killua fell down on his side as well, propping himself up with his arm and stared at Gon expectantly.

The raven-haired eyed him knowingly under the juggling and vibrating of the roaring truck, his heart softening once their eyes met to melt in affection. He just pitied everyone in this truck, including Killua. He even pitied himself and every deformed human because of the war weapon. The truck flawlessly swerved and the driver escalated to the starting point.

While riding, little strands dangled out of Killua's hair, covering one of his eyes as his tufts got messier, but he never took his eyes off Gon. The truck was escalating at a high speed, but the road was straight, so Gon was able to walk forward and crouch down next to Killua. "I said it and I will say it again. All of you are protected, so you don't have to fear anything." Gon said in a hushed calming tone, specifying Killua out of everyone else after inspecting the hidden fear into his deep sapphire orbs. "I want you to be strong, kid."