•CHAPTER 5•

||•Deeper into the Unknown•||

•|| Take My Heart ||•

The daylight had dwindled to a barely perceptible lightening of the gloom. The sun deflected deliberately into the sky, flying in the air freely and witnessing the apocalypse underneath. It was saying goodbye for the survivors, afraid to come back the next morning. Concealing themselves into the truck of iron in what could be any part of the labyrinth, the sun outside shrank, retreating behind the shabby, industrial buildings; it left the shadows as remains before it completely demolished. 

Dusk, for the first time, was an allusion, declaring the beginning of the spooky night. It was warning the survivors from the mysteries of the night as if they are in a game and ready to undergo the process of a blackout. 

The familiar truck rested beside the passers' road, waiting for its passengers to get out for shopping—a sneaky kind of shopping. They formed a circle inside, soldiers, looking at each other knowingly. "Let's get what we need and get out of here as fast as possible." Gon rambled, looking straight into his co-soldiers' eyes. Sweat slid down Gon’s forehead, glimmering at the seeping light of the cell-window.

"How much time do we have?" Asked Ray although he is the one who should be calculating their moves. In an apocalypse, it can be hard to get things right because survival chances can vary each minute…

Their lives shouldn't be depending on calculation only. Sometimes they should risk it, going crazy as if screaming out their pent-up sentiments. "We have to be out of the city and on the mountain road before it's night time… We can't risk facing one of them at night," Caleb replied, rushing towards the door of the truck and eyeing everyone inside. "Hey, are all of you expecting to sit there without helping us?" 

The survivors looked at each other worriedly, then stared at Caleb again. As expected, excuses hammered down, and Gon ignored almost all of them; it was getting noisier with each excuse coming out. He wanted to be done with this mission instead of wasting the time on bickering. As he trudged by Caleb, he spotted a pale young male stretching; Killua was hoisting his arm high, tightly gripping it by the other to do some wild stretches— Muscles should be stretched out before action. On the contrary, Gon pushed the doors slightly for a sneak-peek. "It's safe, for now."

Killua and Ray joined next to the doors, eyes blazing and the body's warmed up for such a fast and heavy activity. Some men already got up to join in addition to a few brave women. Caleb wasn't pleased with the people sitting down as if they aren't a part of this group and waiting to be fed like pets instead of working to gain. Suddenly, and before Caleb can start a fight, Gon blurted, "I thank everyone who is ready to jump in hell with us to provide supplies for our long trip, thank you. Nonetheless, for everyone who's not willing to help, it's fine. Your call. But, you're not having lunch, nor supper today— excluding children, old people, and moms."

He waited for a second for his words to sink in when Killua turned around to inspect the effect of Gon's harsh words. He didn't wait for the full effect to take in, so Gon jumped off, followed by Caleb and Ray. Killua soon followed, which motivated other survivors to jump off as well, trying to rescue their meals for the day.

One after the other, triples after the others, groups, and groups; every capable person was out of the truck, leaving the moms, elders, children, and the pregnant lady all alone. It was a fast go off, so nothing should happen to them in the meantime.

"Get everything you think is useful for a trip without gas and grilling! Such as canned food! Don't hesitate to bring marshmallows and any kind of food that can be grilled on fire pits! Move on!" Gon instructed, getting inside the supermarket, the rifle hung on his back.