Hardships

"This needs to stop."

Jungkook flinches at the tone of Namjoon's voice.

They're in the coffee shop slash restaurant Seokjin works at, because it's closest to their workplace and because although he may be constantly trying to deny it, Namjoon would do anything to share even a millisecond of Seokjin's time.

Jungkook knows, because he and Jimin used to be like that, too.

"I don't know what you expect me to do, hyung," he mumbles, pushing his food around dishearteningly. "He doesn't want to talk to me. Hasn't even looked at me for God knows how long."

Namjoon sighs and can't quite keep the frown off his face. Honestly, at this point, the silent treatment going on between the two former lovebirds has been affecting their entire social group, not just the ones directly concerned.

"Have you tried talking to him?" Namjoon tries. With these thick, black-rimmed glasses perched on his nose, he almost looks like a professional psychologist, and Jungkook has to suppress a snort. Maybe that's what they need. A professional.

"What would I even say? Hey Jimin, I'm sorry that I missed my flight and couldn't reach home in time for our anniversary?" he asks darkly. "It's not even just that, hyung. We- it's been getting bad for a long time now."

"So what?" Namjoon scoffs. "Ups and downs, all couples go through them. Doesn't mean they all give up."

"And you better not give up."

Jungkook raises his head to see that Seokjin has joined them at the table. He's looking at him sternly as he says these words, but Jungkook can still see the underlying worry and tenderness in his stare. He knows that they all want the best for him.

It's just that maybe, what is best for him isn't what's best for Jimin. Maybe it'd be better if he just saved what little dignity they both have left, and put an end to six years of love, friendship, and stolen kisses between bedsheets.