The Lake of Hurt | 🟠💚

No big TWs, only mentions of someone (Elemental Steve) being hurt

Takes place during Shadow Sabre's betrayal arch (the very beginning of it)

Ships included are Shadow Sabre and Dark Steve, which is sorta hinted towards at the end, as well as Sabre and Time Steve being a bit close.

Sabre and Shadow Sabre are brothers in this.

Other than that, enjoy!

----------------------

"Shadow?"

"Sabre."

After being saved from Blue Void in the World Below by Shadow Sabre using the Shadow Sword, he now stood by a river, surrounded by Sabre, Dark Steve, and Time Steve.

Time Steve was being held up by Dark Steve, as he had used quite a lot of his energy reverting Demon Void to his original Blue Steve form. Sabre was also weak, but he was more concentrated on the fact his counterpart, Shadow Sabre, wasn't letting up the Shadow Sword.

"I said we were going to destroy that thing after we defeated Void, Shadow."

"Oh? Did you now Sabre?"

"Yes I did Shadow! Now please, hand over the Shadow Sword and we can be done with all this darkness stuff."

Dark Steve looked down quietly, a bit hurt by Sabre's statement on the darkness part, being full darkness, but shook it off for now, feeling Time Steve move to standing on his own but kept his arm around Time Steve's shoulders just in case.

"You think this 'darkness stuff' can just come to close Sabre? You think,"

Shadow Sabre laughs manically, turning around to face Sabre and the Steve's.

"You think! You can just get rid of us Sabre!? No no no, it's not that easy Sabre. It'll never, be. That easy."

While saying his last sentance, Shadow Sabre walked closer to his non-darkness counterpart, pressing the Shadow Sword up to his neck, triggering both Sabre's and Dark Steve's fight or flight response.

"Hey!- Hey- Shadow back off of him!"

Shadow Sabre turns his head in Dark Steve's direction, tilting his head to the side and smirking.

"Oh? Dark Steve? You're standing up for the person who just insulted your kind?"

Shadow Sabre uses his left hand to grip at the front of Sabre's space suit, causing Sabre to flinch. Dark Steve pauses for a moment, trying to find his wording.

"He- I'm- I'm sure he didn't mean it! Please- Don't- Don't hurt him!"

"Back off Shadow."

"So now you decide to speak Time Steve? You know, I would actually love to hear more about you. Your brother was a great man from what I heard, am I right?"

Time Steve groans a bit in pain, gripping onto the Dark Steve for support, who was glaring Shadow Sabre down.

"Don't. Don't bring up Time's 'brother'."

"Hm, interesting. Seems that darkness infection did work on him."

"WHAT!?"

Time Steve immediately snapped at the mention of darkness infecting Elemental Steve, looking over at the Sabre's counterpart.

"Do you not remember when this,"

Shadow Sabre looks back at Sabre, eying him up and down, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Thing. Attacked him with the Shadow Sword?"

Time Steve froze, not in a literal sense, but in a metaphorical one.

"You were there."

"Of course I was there, Sabre wouldn't of just attacked Elemental Steve like that. He needed a little persuasion and so I helped him."

Time Steve glares Shadow Sabre down, trying to run at him to attack him but couldn't, as he was both physically drained and being held back by Dark Steve.

Shadow Sabre laughs, before turning his attention back to Sabre, who had been quiet the entire time which was something that was almost unheard of.

"You good there counterpart? Seems you've awfully quiet and while I'm not complaining, this isn't like you."

"I hate you."

"Oh? What was that Sabre? I couldn't hear you."

"I HATE YOU!"

Sabre pushes Shadow Sabre off of him, tears soaking his bandana but it was hard to tell. Well except for Shadow Sabre, as he could feel any and everything Sabre felt.

A thing of lightning also went off, seeing as the darkness had mixed in with Sabre's emotions and caused lightning to go off whenever he felt an overstim of them.

Shadow Sabre looked at him, putting the Shadow Sword in a pouch across his back, crossing his arms and staring him down, his smirk falling.

"Sabre-?"

Dark Steve looks over at Sabre, worried for his friend.

Shadow Sabre looks over in Dark Steve and Time Steve's direction, walking over to them and leaving Sabre gripping at the space suit's sleeves.

Time Steve breaks out of Dark Steve's hold, limping but running over to Sabre, pulling him down on the the grass and holding him close.

Shadow Sabre stands in front of Dark Steve, placing his hand on Dark Steve's shoulder and staring him up and down, causing Dark Steve's face to flare up from the physical contact and being stared at.

"I'll be back for you."

Dark Steve looks at Shadow Sabre just as he looks at Dark Steve, practically locking eye contact if it weren't for the blindfold.

With that, Shadow Sabre backs up from Dark Steve and teleports out with a couple strikes of lightning, leaving Dark Steve in a state of shock and embarrassment, and Time Steve holding Sabre against him.

----------------

Thoughts?

-ThePurpleOne87