3.

Ezra

The boat came to a sudden stop and we were in the middle of shit-fucking-nowhere.

"Why are we stopping?" I was already irritated with all the delays.

"The fuel ran out, boss." Baldie was digging for something in the front, I knew nothing about boats so there was nothing I could really do. They started arguing about something, so I turned away and looked into the ocean.

It was pure serenity. I felt relieved for the first time in many years.

I sensed Baldie coming behind me and turned to meet him. "Is everything rea-".

He raised a steel bar and before I could even react, he batted it right into my stomach. I'm hunched over in pain but it quickly subsided, when rage overflowed my blood. The guide came running, confusion plastered on his face, waving his hand around towards Baldie.

I grabbed one of his empty beer bottles and smashed it on his head. It broke on impact and he had blood running down his head now.

"Ohhh, come on boss." The fucker was smiling, licking the blood trickling down from his forehead. "This isn't anything personal, man. Just let me do my job." He winked at me. WINKED.

Before I could do anything, the guide who I decided was an angel sent to me, charged Baldie with a fishing pole. Ok, it was a pretty weak attempt to knock him out but still. Baldie spun around and swung the bat to the side of his head, knocking my angel out. "Should've stayed out of his Mike," Baldie said before turning his attention back to me.

"Who paid you, huh? Was it that prick Elijah Callaway? Or the guy from Boston, the one who lost his company?" Whoever it was, better start packing for their trip 6 feet under.

"Aaaaaahhhh, HaHaHa" He let out a sadistic laugh, it was coming off more cringe than intimidating. Who the fuck did he think he was, Joker? "That, I can't say. But I'll say the Fella paid heftily for you to go bye-bye."

I laughed, imitating his. That sure provoked him, Baldie came charging at me. I was able to dodge, throwing a punch at his stomach. I didn't give him a moment to collect himself and threw another one. He was on his knees now, so I kicked his head back.

I got on top of him and threw more punches to his face. But he had high endurance, so I relentlessly threw punches. I didn't see him reach for the broken glass before it was puncturing my abdomen. He used that moment to break from under me and punched the side of my face.

I scrambled to get up, but the asshole reached the steel bar before me. And before I could lunge myself on top of him, he whacked it right on my skull. I dropped down, my head pounding. Everything was becoming blurry when he smashed a beer bottle to my head, "returning the favor" as he called it.

I was in and out of consciousness. I saw him reach into my pocket, taking some cash out of my wallet and throwing my ID and cards into the water. I woke up again and felt him throw me into a small flimsy raft and pushed me out into the water. 

The last thing I saw was water from the rain filling my raft up and some guys on a much larger boat yelling. They were yelling at me but I couldn't make any of it out. My eyes were drooping lower and lower, all I could see was this older guy coming down from the boat and wrapping something on my head. 

All I could hope for was that they were the good guys, they could even be decent for all I care. 

❀♔⋆♥⋆♕❀

Astrid

They came back around two hours later. The two hours felt like six, six hours of looking out the window, waiting for my Dad to return. As soon as I saw the small figure of a boat, I bolted out of the house along with Jolene. She insisted on staying with me until he came back.