xi.

When the mistress of the castle mentioned a bath, you had suspected just that; a bath

When the mistress of the castle mentioned a bath, you had suspected just that; a bath. You had expected warmth and sweet rose water, not this.

Alcina led you past her private chambers and into a much different room. A spacious area designated for soaking in the middle with four peculiar statues on the sides. All of that was fine, you assumed she must need a larger space for herself anyway, although you had seen the large tub in her chambers as well. But this water was anything but regular water.

It appeared to be blood. Dark crimson liquid filled the pool, slightly stained on the flooring around the edges, but there was no doubt in your mind it was blood.

Did she intend for you to soak in it with her? Or would she be having a maiden refill it with something else?

While you're standing at the entrance of the room, Alcina Dimitrescu has already ridden herself of the dress you were so used to seeing on her. Your cheeks immediately heat up at the realization that she was stripping herself right in your view, but even more so, this definitely concluded your suspicions for you; you were intended to soak in this blood bath.

"Alcina," you murmur, voice hoarse and flustered from the amount of skin you could see. You sincerely tried to keep your eyes away from her revealing skin, it was rude to stare, but you'd be lying if you said you didn't get a glimpse of her plush thighs and soft curves.

The woman sighs, letting her hands drop to her sides, "pet, do come here, I require your assistance." She beckons you forward with a hand, which is now ungloved, and smiles in amusement at the very noticeable tint on your cheeks.

You stumble forward, carefully avoiding the pool of blood, and make your way to where she's waiting for you. When you're close enough, she turns her backside to you, "my corset, if you would be so kind."

Your fingers, shaking out of anticipation and embarrassment, begin loosening the strings of her undergarment. You clear your throat in an attempt to not sound as flustered as you are. "Will I be bathing elsewhere?"

"No," she says as if it's the most casual thing in the world. "It's not purely blood, it's a mixture of that and wine. Wine baths are very good for the skin, didn't you know this?"

"I'm not exactly the owner of a grand castle, Alcina."

The woman only chuckles at your words. With the last of her corset undone she slips it off and lets it fall to the floor, removing the rest of her undergarments at a leisurely pace. It's almost like she was doing this just to fluster you. Feeling a looming sense of shame crawl up your skin you glance down at your hands until the sound of water gently sloshing pulls your attention back up. She's taken a seat in the bath, but more importantly, her hair is down.

You'd never seen her with her hair down. And the sight did not disappoint.

You knew Alcina was gifted with beauty, she was one of the most beautiful women you'd ever seen before, but with her hair down that thought seemed to increase tenfold. Soft curls of dark raven hair fall down her shoulders, framing her cheeks, which are now turned to your line of vision to look at you. You're almost certain this woman must be a reincarnation of Aphrodite or some other goddess.