Special: Tonpa x Reader

requested by: Dragonsky101
THIS IS A JOKE...mostly. this book is still very much completed, but im getting paid $1.50 to do this so,,,, pay up jazzi

im ready to flex my writing skills on yall (they're not that great but humor me, please)

***

You sighed as you pulled a glove over your hand. Softly touching the white buds, you inspected for any bugs. It seemed to be fine, so you let the Water Hemlock go and checked on your other plants. It was hard for them to grow, but it was almost the end of winter so you hoped they would make it to the end. 

Throwing away the gloves that touched the poisonous plants, you walked down the aisles of your store, making sure everything was correctly labeled and not expired. You did not want to have another mix-up, once was bad enough.

Humming a small tune, you flipped over your sign and stood over your counter, busying yourself with balancing accounts. 

The little bell—the one that told you someone came in—jingled, taking your attention away from your computer to whoever walked in. When you laid eyes on him, you knew exactly who it was.

"Ah, Tonpa! That time of the year again?" you looked over to the calendar hanging on the wall, seeing that it was the first of January. Tonpa was an irregular regular. He came in at the same time every single year, around the time the Hunter Exam's started.

Although, he was also the man that you were dating. Call it love at first sight, but he had captured your interest the day he walked into the shop. "What is it this year?"

Last year he asked you for something that would paralyze people, the year before that was something to make their guts clench up and cramp. "Laxatives," his raspy voice reached your ears, and you nodded and walked around the counter. 

You opened up the door to your closet, looking through the different ones you had. "I only have senna laxatives right now, will that do?" your senna plant had died when the first snow fell, you'd have to remind yourself to plant a new one. 

"Can that be odorless and flavorless?" he questioned, gesturing to the bottle. You handed it to him, watching as he inspected the label. 

"It can be, it also comes in liquid if you'd rather that," you grabbed a similar bottle off of the shelf. It didn't have the same click-clack as the pills did, rather a dark shadow formed on the bottle. "Though, you would require a higher dosage for that."

"Thanks darling," he sent a wink your way, wrapping one arm around your waist. It was almost as if he belonged there. Tonpa radiated heat, which was perfect for the cold months. "This'll work perfectly against the rookies."

You leaned into his hug, the smile on your face could only be described as radiant. "Want me to join along? It was so fun the last time," you felt his laugh rumble through his chest before the sound reached your ears.

"Sure you can, just–" he pulled you away, a sad smile on his face, "just be careful. Wouldn't want you getting hurt, now would we?" You quickly nodded your head, your hand rubbing circles in his hand.

"I'll be fine," what you said did little to alleviate his fears, but he knew there was no point in trying to persuade you otherwise. He had already said that you could come along, it would be silly of him to go backtrack. 

The two of you shared a kiss, and his as stubble tickled your chin, you let out a small laugh.

***
let me go bleach my fucking hands