𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝘾𝙖𝙡𝙡

𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃:

I was sitting on my bed, reading my favourite book ever: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I can't really say how many times I've read that book, it always intrigues me although I do hate when Sirius dies. Oh, my gods, Harry has just been caught by the foul Umbridge woman, ugh I hate her guts. I can't wait until the part where she gets taken away by the centaurs and then Harry is like "I'm sorry Professor, but I must not tell lies" it's one of the most iconic lines ever. Imagine in the book that J.K Rowling adds a part where Harry sticks out his middle-

"-𝘕𝘰, 𝘯𝘰, 𝘕𝘖 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵! 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵!"

I stood up from my bed swiftly, what has happened? I hope my mom's ok...I walked down the short hallway to my parent's room, the door was closed... Weird. I heard some movement inside the room like my mom was pacing. My dad was at work so it had to be her, I took a closer step to the door and tried to quietly turn the knob but it didn't turn, the bloody thing was locked. Jeez. I was hearing some muffled talking, maybe she was in a call. I walked back down the same hallway to the TV area to see if the house phone was there and as I thought, it wasn't. Mom was on a call.

"-𝘑𝘖𝘈𝘕𝘕𝘌, 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵!"

Joanne? I don't think my mom has a friend called Joanne, now I'm getting suspicious. So I gather up my sneaky skills and crouch near the door. My face is pressed onto the smooth, cold, wooden door. My left ear is right on the minuscule crack of the door and I make sure my body isn't covering the small space at the bottom of the door, in case my mom looks down there (I could get caught in the sneaky act). My feelings are all mixed, what is my mom not telling me, she always tells me everything... she hasn't been THIS suspicious since the time after my 8th birthday when she one of the last pieces of my chocolate cake without letting me know, and that was sneaky as hell.

My body starts cramping from the uncomfortable position it is being put at, but I want to get to the bottom of this. My mind wanders in between the moments where I can't hear anything, who is on the other side of the phone? What is my mom hiding? What should I tell dad? Honestly, at this point, I feel like a detective. *Mission impossible theme song* dun dun du du du dun dun, di doo doo di doo doo...

"-𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦....𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦..𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘶𝘱...𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳...𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘴-" As Ron always says; *clears throat aggressively* hm hmm BLOODY HELL. What does that mean? Minnie? Like Minnie Mouse? If I wasn't confused already, this definitely bamboozled me, and this time I heard the person from the other side of the call. Her time? Who's time? My time? 

"-𝘑𝘖𝘈𝘕𝘕𝘌 𝘙𝘖𝘞𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘐𝘛'𝘚 𝘏𝘈𝘙𝘋 𝘌𝘕𝘖𝘜𝘎𝘏 𝘍𝘖𝘙 𝘏𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘖 𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘋 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙 𝘉𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘚, 𝘞𝘐𝘛𝘏 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘞𝘐𝘡𝘈𝘙𝘋𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘞𝘖𝘙𝘓𝘋, 𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘏𝘈𝘝𝘌 𝘕𝘖 𝘐𝘋𝘌𝘈 𝘏𝘖𝘞'𝘚 𝘐𝘛 𝘉𝘌𝘌𝘕. 𝘚𝘏𝘌 𝘒𝘌𝘌𝘗𝘚 𝘔𝘈𝘒𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘚 𝘖𝘕 𝘏𝘖𝘞 𝘚𝘏𝘌 𝘞𝘐𝘚𝘏𝘌𝘚 𝘚𝘏𝘌 𝘞𝘌𝘙𝘌 𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌!" My heart stopped. What. The. Hell. What is the problem with me reading? Wait, did she say Joanne Rowling? THE Joanne Rowling the writer of Harry Potter? Omg, my heart started beating so fast it started to hurt. I'm so confused, my mom is friends with J.K Rowling and she never told me and, and now she is complaining about how she doesn't like me to read her friend's books!?!?!? She knows I'm like her biggest fan-apart from her beliefs- but in general like the Harry Potter series is literally why I live, ok that sounded a bit dramatic but I'm like head over heels for the whole book series. Why did she not tell me she knows her?! I'm kind of mad now.

I heard my mom take in a huge gulp of air.

"𝘪𝘵..𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴," My mom said so quietly and nervously that I almost didn't hear it. What did that mean? All noises around me became faint and distant. The lights around me started to look blurry and my head just seemed that it couldn't wrap around anything that I had just overheard.

"𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳..." I started to sweat, my hands got humid and my body temperature went cold. Why would I be in danger? My vision began to lose focus, the lights around me started dancing, my forehead got damp and I felt sweat slipping down my face. Shaken up of what I had just listened I decided to slowly stand up so I didn't get any dizzier than how I felt and carefully walk back to my room. One foot after the other, a pounding head full of questions, blurry sights. Finally, after 10 long and cautious steps, I slumped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. The posters I had managed to stick up there seemed to look at me tauntingly as if they knew how worried and guilty I felt. This is why my mom was so secretive, I wasn't supposed to listen to this conversation. I guess the saying is right, curiosity killed the cat. I just HAD to know, you know. I still couldn't quite connect the dots though.

My mother, in a call with J.K Rowling, were shouting at each other...Then my mom thinks I know something related to the wizarding world and that I am in danger if I do... This is so confusing, I love the books to death what does this mean? Anything? I wish Rodrick would still be here. He would help me figure this out, maybe even help me confront my mom. I'm just so confused. Why did he have to go? Wherever he had to go. I miss him so much. My heart starts slowing down as I take in slow deep breaths, although my pulse and heartbeat decrease my mind is completely blocked with questions. Why am I in danger? How is she friends with THE J.K Rowling and she never told me? What's the whole problem with the wizarding world? It's just a book. No matter how much I would love for it to exist, it's just a novel, an incredible one. It. Is. Fantasy -but with all this new information and comments- is it really? It's just a fantasy, right?