chapter 13 (that wrestling show)

SONG: Take That Girl by 13th Floor Elevators

_____

Jackie regretted dumping Kelso and they were back together the next day. It was really annoying because they must've done it again to make up, and the tables have turned, so Jackie was the one running around Kelso all the time and making sure everything was okay with him.

Like for example, on Friday evening, she, Ida and Donna went to drive around for a bit and then headed to the basement. Ida and Donna greeted everyone normally and sat down on the couch, while Jackie approached Kelso with a, 'Hi, sweetie. How are you?'

He looked at her and rubbed his arms. 'Actually, I'm a little bit chilly. But I left my coat up in the car.'

'I'll go get it for you!' She exclaimed. 'Miss me.' And then she ran out of the basement.

Ida stared after her with raised eyebrows. It was all getting ridiculous. But she had other things to worry about and didn't really care that much to comment on anything, so she just squished herself into the corner of the sofa, crossing her arms, and watched the TV that was showing commercials for ice cream and Hot Rollers.

'Handy little thing, isn't she?' Kelso said, grinning.

Eric stared at him like he was a god. 'Okay, that was so cool.'

Donna looked at him with a threatening look. 'Cool?'

'And by "cool" I mean "wrong and stupid",' Eric corrected himself quickly, looking like he crapped his pants.

'All right, shut up,' Hyde said, shushing everyone. 'Wrestling's back on.'

The entire group loved wrestling. Ida didn't have that much of an opinion on it. It was okay, but she wasn't crazy about it like they were. She watched it with them though sometimes, or she'd just read a book or draw while they did.

'I love wrestling!' Donna shouted, grinning widely and she attacked Eric, starting to wrestle with him. They were sitting on the couch right next to Ida, who had to move away to avoid being hit accidentally by their overly enthusiastic limbs - or just Donna's. Eric was in heaven... quite literally for him. Somehow, his face landed right between his girlfriend's boobs and he just stood there (mostly because she held him in a headlock). Donna got annoyed with that and said, 'Come on, you're not even fighting back.'

Hyde frowned. 'Why would he fight back?' He then trailed his gaze towards Ida and smirked. 'Hey, Ida, you wanna wrestle?'

She looked at him, unamused, pulling out a pillow that was behind her back and offering it to him. 'Stuff your head in this. It will feel the same.' He took the pillow and threw it at her, before turning his attention back at the TV. Ida just shrugged and continued staring blankly at the screen, crossing her arms again.

'Don't forget, this Saturday night... pro wrestling is coming... to the National Guard Armory in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Watch Rocky Johnson take on 20 snarling midgets. Now, back to the action.'

'Rocky Johnson's coming to Kenosha?' Eric asked surprised. 'Man, we gotta go.'

'I'm in,' Hyde replied. 'I love midgets, man. Do you think we could throw Ida in there as well?'

Ida rolled her eyes at his remark. 'No. Cause I'm not going.'

'You're not?' Donna asked her, looking over Eric. 'Why?'

'We know wrestling is not really your thing, but you never mind watching it with us,' Eric added. He nudged her with his knee (he moved to sit on the back rest of the couch to give Ida, Donna and Kelso more space on the couch). 'It will be fun, come on.'