0.04

Where things go wonderfully wrong

— ⚓︎ —

        Michelle really had wanted to stay unbothered, but she also knew that as soon as Jack drew first blood, not only her brother would be in big trouble with the London authorities, but the entire crew was likely to play hangman.

        She stood up from her comfortable position in her Spanish chair and put her hands on the railing of the upper deck. "A wench, you say? I pity your wife if you call a lady such names."

        Anthony looked up, the woman who had robbed him standing above them all looking vastly different. No pink dress and pretty braid in her hair. Not even close to that.

        He watched her figure intently as she walked down, no sounds other than the clicking of her boots against the wooden floorboard were heard. The warm lights of the ship gave her skin a golden glow, her red lips formed a smirk on her face, green eyes covered in black makeup and a scar straight across her right eye.

        He couldn't stand that a criminal and a dishonest woman like her was gifted with such stunning features.

        "You! You robbed me and my family!" He pointed at her.

        "Indeed I did, I merely guessed a man as rich and powerful as you could stand losing a shilling or two." Michelle said in a voice as smooth and sweet as honey. She circled around him, each step one closer to him until her shoulder touched his.

        He fought against the urge to shudder at the touch and took a step to the side.
"I would like my belongings back. Now."

        Michelle debated giving the bloke his watch back, she really did. This man however, was practically giving her the instruction manual as how to annoy him, and she couldn't reject such invitation.

        "Your name?"

         "Why would you-" he started, but realized he wasn't in a position to argue. "Anthony Bridgerton."

        To his surprise the woman started laughing. "Your mother decided to name you E-nthony?" She emphasized on the first letter, remembering the engraving in the watch.

       "E. Bridgerton? The engraving?" She explained when he gave her a dumbfound look.

        "What? No! Of course not. Are you benighted?" He asked her, stepping way out of line. "It is Anth-"

        "Excuse me?" Michelle stepped closer. "You keep on having a foul mouth on my ship, hm?"

        "It is actually my ship." Jack made himself known again by poking his head in between Anthony and Michelle. He didn't like how close the posh Brit was standing to his baby sister.

        At this unannounced action Michelle unsheathed her cutlass and pointed it in Jack's general direction without looking. "Not now, Jack."

        Anthony looked intimidated to say the least, and when Michelle decided to point it at his chest he immediately backed up, only now noticing how close he had been standing to her.

        "Now, change your vocabulary, darling."

        Right after the violent approach to the eldest Bridgerton ensued, a pair of quick footsteps walking up the gangplank to the ship broke the eerie silence.

        "Stop!" A man exclaimed. His clothes immediately revealed the man belonged to the Ton, and his face told Michelle he was the other man that was robbed today.