Coin slot

Genre: Fluff      Warnings: Bad writing, Fresh being Fresh and me not knowing what the 80's were like

Word of mouth says that there's a rad new arcade downtown, you walk out of school with a sense of excitement. Checking your wallet you see you have $20, more than enough to blow on paperboy. Next to the sidewalk as always is your bestie f/n waiting for you. You two had already made plans to head to said arcade. F/n read your mind as always and started the conversation with 

"What kind of gnarly prizes you think they got?!" 

You quickly replied with "Take a chill pill girlie, we're the queens of the arcade I'm sure we'll get a hellava lot a bodacious junk to take home."

 It was true, ever since you were little you always loved the bright colors and tubular games at your old hometown arcade. Ski ball was your favorite game, watching was easy but getting good at it was the hard part. You vaguely remembered your mom teaching you how to throw the ball in just the right spot, you chuckled looking back at how long it took you to master. 

"Earth to y/n!" You immediately were snapped out of your flashback, it took a moment to realize you got to the entrance of the arcade. You quickly stepped inside and walked over to the counter to get your money in quarters. Immediately turning your head to the ski ball machines, your e/c eyes light up to seeing one of the lanes open. You rush to it with f/n following you. Most people instantly recognize you and your skill, so naturally you draw a crowd. 

"This is it, the last ball."  F/n encourages you. You've scored a 100 every throw, and the crowd is holding their breath. You hated being watched, it made you nervous. You look at your entourage, f/n, then the ball. You take a deep breath and throw. You can tell your about to miss, but you see a slight pink glow from the ball and somehow it's rolled into the 100 point hole. 

"M-magic?" You mumble, thankfully no one hears you. The crowd cheers as the massive pool of tickets spills out. You can't help but wonder if you were seeing things or not. F/n told you that Firepower Williams was open. Quickly walking over to it, you inserted 50 cents into the coin slot but the second quarter got stuck. Due to your short nails you couldn't get the coin out, suddenly a rainbow smokescreen causes you to cough repeatedly. You opened your eyes to see a very trendy skeleton staring at you. You didn't have any idea what to say so he spoke for you.

"Need some help chica?"

You silently mumble if he was the source of the mysterious pink glow. Remembering he was talking to you, you stutter.

"O-oh y-yes please, that would be appreciated Mr... um." The skeleton simply chuckled a bit, smiled and respond with.

"The names Fresh. And what's your name missy?" 

"Y/n, y/n l/n"

"A cute name for a cute girl." You blush from the compliment. Although you were popular, boys just weren't attracted to ya. And you were perfectly fine with it, but you like this feeling. You saw Fresh blush a dark purple as he used his magic and gave you your coin back. You saw it was the same color as the glow coming from the ball.

"Hehe, thanks." You said before putting the coin back in the slot. Fresh watching as you absolutely dominated this game. Timing was the main skill needed when it came to these games, and luckily you had it. 

*2 hours later*

Fresh offered to walk you home as it was starting to get dark, you accepted. You put the remaining quarters in your pocket, said goodbye to f/n and set off as Fresh followed you. You two had so much to talk about! Hobbies, your lives and most importantly video games. It took around 10 minutes to walk home. Once you arrived home you said your goodbyes. It went something like this...

"I definitely want to do something like this again. Don't you?"

"Totes n/n I love hangin' with ya." 

N-n/n? You blushed profusely. While you were flustered he managed to kiss you. After a moment you kissed back. Pulling apart after a few seconds you attempted to make Fresh flustered.

"Love ya."

"You said it I didn't. Otherwise I was about to." You giggled sweetly and hugged him.

"Well why don't you say it now?"

"Alright alright, I love you too y/n." You kissed his cheek. He blushes.

"That's better." You hugged him again. "When can I see you again?"

You could tell Fresh wasn't expecting this question. "H-how bout Wednesday?"

"Sounds good." You walk up the steps to your house and went to bed with noticeable contentment.

A/N

I know I suck, this is my first time writing fanfiction so I would apreciate feedback and sugestions on things I could do better. But anyways have a good day/night/afternoon/evening.