ⅩⅣ. real life

june 7th, 2021

"Hey, stranger!" Cecilia greeted as she walked down the steps of her house, Olivia pulling up in front with one window down. 

"Wow letting a stranger pick you up in their car. A bit too reckless for you, huh Lil?" Olivia joked back. 

"Nah, I'm just trying something new." She replied, as Olivia immediately pulled her into a hug. "Woah, you good? We aren't on my doorstep, so don't cry Liv."

"Just missed you that's all."

"You saw me yesterday and we've just been texting." 

"Well, I always miss you the second we say goodbye."

"That's too sweet. You should write that into one of your songs. Or even better finally write me a song." Cecilia said as Olivia pulled away from the curb. 

"You say that like I haven't already written you multiple songs." 

"Yeah none of them made it onto the album, so I'm counting that as a loss." 

"Would you like me to write you an entire album of songs?" Olivia asked, looking over at Cecilia as they hit a red light. 

"Oooh yes, that would be ideal." Cecilia returned. "Finally show Josh that there are more important people in your life." She muttered so lowly that Olivia barely heard it.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." Cecilia returned quickly. "Can I have the aux?" 

"Go ahead." 

"What do you want to listen to? Taylor or Glee?" Cecilia asked turning to Olivia with a grin. 

"Glee?" 

"Glee." 

"Awesome, what drive-thru do you wanna go to?" Olivia asked as Cecilia plugged the aux into her phone. 

"Taco Bell?" 

"You don't even like Taco Bell."

"Yeah, but you do and besides I'll settle for their chips." Cecilia returned with a smile, moving forward slightly so her hair could cover the blush settling on her cheeks. 

"Oh, Lil you sure do know the way to my heart, Glee and Taco Bell." Olivia returned with an equally crimson blush that decorated her own cheeks. "Taco Bell it is then."

"Now more importantly what songs from Glee do you want to listen to?" Cecilia asked as a distraction. "I have my playlists organised with every mood you could possibly experience and have cross-referenced them with songs by every character." 

"God, you are so weird." Olivia turned to look over at her fondly as they pulled into the Taco Bell drive-thru. "Not that it's a bad thing, personally I find it adorable."

"Ahh good, I was getting worried." Cecilia returned with a small smile, the car falling silent as Olivia drove forward to order. 

She didn't quite know what it was, probably not the harsh florescent lighting that highlighted both their faces. But maybe it was the way Olivia leaned forward slightly to order, her necklace falling forward, that was really Cecilia's but she wasn't going to worry about that, cause she would have Olivia dressed head to toe in her things if she had the choice or maybe it was the way Olivia looked back with a wide smile, but Cecilia was hit with an overwhelming amount of want and the need to tell Liv everything she felt about her in that exact moment and had for a very long time.  

"Hey, Liv-" 

"Do you want a Coke?" Olivia asked turning to her.

"What?"  Cecilia blinked, the words dying on her tongue. 

"I asked if you wanted a coke?" 

"Ahh yeah sure. Thanks." 

And for the rest of the night, as the two girls drove around, munching on fries and singing Glee covers at the top of their voices, Cecilia could not force the words back no matter how much she tried. Fear of rejection clouded her mind, despite what she was interpreting as clear signs back on Olivia's part because after all Cecilia would rather stay eternally crushing on her best friend than say the wrong thing and fuck it up for good.