ⅩⅩ. real life

june 30th, 2021

Anticipation tingled through the air, the Sour Prom Concert Film had been released the night prior, with plenty of success and excitement but the actual prom party was only just starting. Cecilia Brodsky was surrounded by her friends as they gathered on the rooftop parking lot as the fans Olivia had invited turned up, each of them dressed to the nines. 

Olivia hadn't arrived yet which wasn't doing anything to quell the swelling pit of anxiety that was growing in Cecilia's stomach with every passing second. She was down to the wire, nowhere to run, it was now or never. 

"You ready, Lil?" Iris asked, nudging the brunette's side. 

"Yep." Cecilia returned tentatively. 

"That's comforting," Conan remarked. "We can see the nervousness coming off you in waves."

"And remember if it doesn't go right, we'll take you out for McDonald's afterwards and you can sob into a McFlurry for as long as you like, okay?" Madison added, leaning around Conan to give Cecilia a reassuring glance. 

"Yeah okay. Thank guys." Cecilia replied with a wide smile pulling her close friends into a hug as the screaming started behind her. "I think the woman of the hour is here." 

"You don't say." Conan joked as they broke out of their hug, turning to see Olivia arrive as predicted.  

The group watched as Olivia greeted her fans, eventually joining her as plenty of compliments were shared around, before a plethora of photos were taken, Cecilia's face hurting by the end and her nervousness reaching a peaking point. If she didn't admit her feelings to Olivia soon, she almost felt like screaming it out in front of everyone. 

But thankfully someone answered her prayers although it had probably been through some intervention courtesy of Iris, Conan and Madison, as everyone settled into the fun of the night, Olivia headed straight for Cecilia once some of the hosting pressure was off her for a moment. 

"Hey." Olivia started, getting Cecilia's attention. "Sorry I haven't had a chance to talk to you tonight."

"No stress, Liv. I get it." Cecilia returned. "Speaking of you look really tired, are you okay?"

"I'm okay. I've just been losing some sleep over-" Olivia began, as Cecilia mentally completed the end of her sentence with 'you'. "With the Sour Prom and everything but that's all over tonight and then it's just back to you and I against the world." Olivia finished.

"The best kind." Cecilia returned, the words finally forming without problem. "Hey Liv I-"

"Do you wanna go for a bit of walk?" Olivia interrupted, grabbing Cecilia's hand and pulling her over to the opposite end of the rooftop. "Not too far, just wanna go see those lights in more detail."

"Here we go." Iris muttered from where she was dancing with Madison and Conan and had been keeping one eye on the whole interaction. 

Night had fallen and the lights of Los Angeles were presenting themselves in full force with the slightly muted party occurring behind them as the two girls reached the side of the rooftop, their hands still intertwined as they leaned against the side. 

The moonlight illuminated them both as they fell silent not knowing how to start the conversation they were both desperate to start. 

"Hey, did you know that the way the light is reflecting off of your eyes, it makes them look like chocolate covered strawberries." Olivia started with a soft grin feeling her heart rate quicken as she looked over at Cecilia who drew a sharp intake of breath in return.

"Thank you for tonight and for inviting me." Cecilia continued. "Best prom experience I could have asked for. I'll never forget it." 

"Well I'm glad you'll never forget it." Olivia returned. "Actually there's something I've been meaning to tell you.."

"Same with me." Cecilia interrupted, the two girls giggling slightly at Cecilia's sudden interruption. "You first." 

"No you." Olivia retorted.

"I said you first, so you go." 

"Well actually I was wondering..." Olivia trailed off, all her practices for this exact moment flying out of her mind the second she laid eyes on the brunette. "Actually, can I kiss you, Lil?" She blurted out, her blush immediately forming upon seeing Cecilia's widened eyes. 

Cecilia breathed out stepping closer to Olivia as she reached out one hand to cup her cheek. Hope and anxiety fought for dominance in her irises, the brunette in front of her having an internal battle within herself as she waited for the girl of her dreams to make a move. A soft smile played on Cecilia's lips, the pit of nerves evaporating, soon replaced with a pool of adoration and affection for the girl in front of her. So with the soft glow of Los Angeles illuminating both of them, Cecilia leant forward and kissed her.