Chapter 3

TW!!: drug use and talk of overdosing

*first person pov*

     I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. It was an incoming call from an unknown number. "Hello?", I said into the phone tiredly while sitting up.

"good morning y/n, it's been awhile hasn't it?", a cheeky but all to familiar voice said. Hearing his voice was enough to fully wake me up, cause as soon as I heard it I shot up out my bed.

"f-floch? how did you get this number?" I asked him with a slightly shaking voice.
"you didn't really think you can get away from me that easy, now did you?" I could practically hear his smirk from the other side of the line.
"your mom was nice enough to give me your new number, since you apparently got rid of your old phone." he said. fuck. I thought to myself. That damn woman is making it harder and harder for me to leave my old life.

"whatever. look, what do you want floch? money? my parents have tons, you know that. just- just tell me what you want from me and leave me the hell alone." i said angrily into the phone while my hands clenched the side of my pajamas.

"kinda hard to leave you alone considering the fact that you are my fiancé, sweetheart."

Hearing him say the name ymir calls me made me feel sick to my stomach. "I'm not your fiancé floch. Never was, and never will be." i told him. I heard him sharply inhale,

"listen here you little bitch don't forget that you owe me. Remind me who saved you that night from almost overdosing on their parents fucking bathroom floor? Me. You're lucky I was waiting outside cause you would've been buried six feet under a long time ago!" he spat into the phone. I got silent for a second hearing him bring up the sensitive topic.
"I don't owe you shit! what you think doing a good deed makes you valid enough to have my hand in marriage?! well you're wrong! and yeah I almost died but it would've been better than having to face you everyday!" I yelled into the phone.
" don't forget you only have two years y/n, then after that I get you all to myself. Hell, maybe even sooner if it was easier to convince your mom to let us get married now" he spoke into the phone with a cocky voice. "But for now you should enjoy the freedom you have while being out of state. cause the moment I get my hands back on you, i'm not letting go so easily." he said, then the line went dead.

All I could hear was the sound of my heavy breathing, and the cars passing outside. I felt a tear drip off my face and onto the floor. I swore to myself that I wouldn't let that creep make me cry, but being reminded that every ounce of my freedom would be taken away soon, hurt.

I wiped my eyes and begin to get ready for the day. it was only 8:07 am, but the conversation with that bastard was only going to make it harder to fall back asleep.

Ymir said we're going to fair at 7:30 after she gets off of work, so I might just wear something comfy for now.

I did my morning routine then grabbed my bag and keys to head to my first class. The school wasn't too far from my complex, so it wasn't a long drive. I was early, as i expected, so I walked to a cafe that was nearby on campus.

There wasn't many others inside except for about five or seven so i didn't mind staying longer than needed. I took out my laptop to work on some notes to pass time.

A couple minutes later a loud group came through the door. It was only three people, being two boys and one girl. There was a tall boy with a mullet wearing a nike hoodie and sweats. the guy next to him had a buzz cut with what looked to be like flames on the back. he was wearing baggy jeans with a green and red sweater on top of a collared shirt, and some white forces. lastly, the girl next to buzz cut had her hair pulled up into a high ponytail with some strands coming out. she was wearing a white tank top underneath a brown oversized jacket, ripped jeans, and a pair of black converse.

The girl looked over to me and gently smiled while waving. I waved back then went back to my notes. Wasn't too long after till I saw the chair next to me being moved.

"Hey i'm Sasha! I noticed you were sitting alone so I wanted to come over and keep you company, if that's okay?" she told me while placing her sandwich and coffee down.

"you're good. i'm y/n by the way." I told her while shaking her hand. I looked pass her and noticed the two other boys coming closer.

"who's your new friend sasha?" the shorter one asked. "this is y/n. Y/n, these are my friends connie and jean." she told me between bites of her food. As soon as she announced their names I immediately realized they might be the same people ymir was telling me about yesterday. "you wouldn't happen to be friends with someone name ymir, would you?" I asked them.

"uhhh.. yeah, how the hell you know that?" the one who I think was connie asked me. "I actually met her yesterday, she helped me with directions since I just moved here." I told him before closing my lap top.

"ohhh, so your the girl our little Ymir was gushing over," said Jean. "guess so." I replied back but I couldn't help to blush a little at the fact that Ymir spoke about to her friends.

I talked with them for a bit to pass time, and also picked up on some things about them. Jean was like some kind of cocky athlete, but had a good heart. He's also a bit of a mama's boy too apparently. Sasha, seemed very out going and kind. Life of the party i guess. If you sat with them long enough you could tell that she's the glue to the trio. and finally Connie, he's a goofball who's free time is mostly spent practicing the drums or forcing Sasha to record him do dangerous tricks on his skateboard. Those two were nearly attached to the hip, like each others other half almost.

The more time i spent sitting with the three of them the more i became sad knowing that I wouldn't have time to get too attached to them. I felt like I've found something i lost a long time ago, and in all honesty i'm not ready to let go just yet. They seemed to already accept me as one of them, but it's probably cause of Ymir. I haven't been able to laugh and talk with someone i can consider a friend in a long time because of the fear of Floch ripping that away from me sits on my shoulders.

Sasha notices my sudden quietness but decides to ignore it to not draw too much attention towards myself. I don't think she realizes how appreciative i am for it. 

I take one good, hard look around the table I'm sitting at and let out a huge exhale. I finally feel the pressure release of my chest. I feel at peace and happy for once. Almost like the same feeling I had when i met Ymir last night. Even though it was so dark and gray outside she had this bright aura surrounding her and I knew then and there she was gonna be my flashlight for the darkness for awhile. Well, or till Floch rips me out of this fantasy life i'm already starting to create.

Connie nudges my shoulder and tells me they're leaving to go to their classes. I wave them off as they exited the cafe. As i started to put my stuff away and leave as well I feel arms wrap around me catching me by surprise. I tensed up at the sudden contact but slowly relax when I look down to see that it's just Sasha. I start to wrap my own arms around her but she's already pulling back.

"sorry, it's just that you looked like you could use a hug." she tells me with a smile. "I'll text you when class ends so we can meet up for lunch later." she adds, then she's off.

I haven't had a friend in awhile so the sudden act of kindness from her makes me tear up a bit.

I may be a bit of a crybaby, but damn this is gonna hurt like a bitch.

Authors Note: anddd there's chapter 3 ig. hope the story is at least getting a little bit more interesting. I'm excited to write the next chapter!! but anyways thanks for reading <3