11

Living With Him

=-=-=-=-=

"Dinner's ready, my love," Ajax called to you from the kitchen. You were still unsure whether you should trust this guy, considering he knows about the things you don't. Instead of doubting with an empty stomach, you followed where the smell is coming from.

"I'm here ~" he called out to you. You peeked from his shoulder as he chuckled. It smells incredibly delicious. "This is Calla Lily Seafood Soup. It's almost done so wait for me at the table." You nodded as you sat down on the nearest chair you can find.

"By the way, Ajax. What's my name?" you asked as he turned to you with a smile. He served you your food as he sat down in front of you with his. He handed you two sticks while he used two weirdly shaped utensils. You were unsure how to use the sticks at first, but your body immediately got used to using them.

"Your name is Anna. Does it ring any bells?" he asked as you shook your head.

"Where are we?" you asked once again.

"We're temporarily near the borders of Liyue and Mondstadt. After I finish some work, we'll go back to Snezhnaya. How does that sound, my love?" he said as he wiped some food off your mouth ad licked it off his own finger, making you blush. He laughed at your flushed face as you both continued eating.

"What's your work?" 

It was the first question he hesitated answering. He put down his utensils and laid his hand on yours. You can sense how unsure he was so you decided to take back your question when he answered.

"I'm with the Fatui, Anna."

As soon as he said those words, your head ached.

"You're with the Fatui! One of the Harbingers!"

"The Fatui is always up to no good."

"One of the Harbingers...?" you said out loud, making Ajax grip your hand tight. You can tell it's a bad memory by the way he's frowning.

"Those voices you might've just heard don't deceive you. It's my fault, my love. One of the other Harbingers, Tartaglia, used you and drained your power. I'm really sorry." You can feel how distressed he is as tears trickle down his cheeks. You reached for his head as you tried your best to comfort him.

"Haha, you're like a cat Ajax. I don't know remember about the Fatui, but you probably didn't mean any of it to happen." you said as he continued to nuzzle on your hand when he suddenly uttered unexpected words.

"I love you, my Goddess."

><><><><

"Childe, where is Alma?" an angry Zhongli barged in your residence. Using his Geo power, he fractured the walls, making Childe laugh.

"If she's here, do you think she'll come with you after breaking the walls? You can sense her energy, right? Oh, you can't. She drained all her spirit energy, making her weaker than an ant-" he was cut off by the God's hand on his neck.

"After all, you can't beat her if she isn't weaker than an ant. Isn't that right?" he mocked as he continued, "I'll ask you one more time, where is she?"

"I-In...Mondstadt..." Childe croaked. He gasped for air as soon as Zhongli let him go.

"Until she regains back every bit of her former glory, you will never have her back."

><><><><

"Aren't you that girl who was always with the Honorary Knight and that famous Bard?" the souvenir shopkeeper Marjorie asked as she gave you your goods.

"I'm afraid you've got the wrong person. But thank you again, Ms. Marjorie," you left as she waved goodbye.

"That's the third time today. Was I famous here? Why didn't Ajax tell me?" you pondered until you stumbled upon the Adventurer's Guild. The lady in green calling out to you like she had known you for a while now.

"Adventurer Diana! Welcome back! How was Liyue?" she asked as she handed you a quill, an ink, and a log book.

"I'm really sorry, but I'm Anna."

Before you can walk away, two other people hugged you from behind as they bawled their eyes out, calling you 'Diana.'

"We missed you so much! Even Zhongli is trying you to find you. Where have you been? Have you seen Childe?" they bombarded you with questions and less time to digest and answer. You were scared and confused with the unknown people surrounding you and calling you a different name.

"For the last time, leave me alone! I am Anna, Not Diana! You've got the wrong person!" You yelled as you ran out of Mondstadt and to the opposite direction from Liyue. As soon as you realized it, you were in a forest.

><><

"Let's meet by that city over there!"

"Is he talking...to a dragon?"

><><

The voices in your head pop up one by one as your head began to ache. It gets worse every time you here voices of the past.

"It seems someone is playing with you in your vulnerable state, Alma," a calming voice said from behind you.

"You almost got it right. It's Anna," you chuckled as you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around to find a crouching man in bard clothing and a lyre.

"Mm, I pretty sure I'm not mistaken. Even the souls of the past know that no one is mistaken when they see you." You observed him as he stood up as reached out his hand. You inferred he is the bard Marjorie was talking about. You grabbed his hand as you s tood up, dusting the dirt off your clothes.

"Do you mind, Al– Anna?" He asked as readied his lyre. You felt that he was being considerate and letting you get comfortable by calling you the name you know. It made it much harder to leave his presence. You didn't even know what he was going to do to you but you felt the need to trust him.

"Then, I'll start."

=-=-=-=-=

Ooh what will Venti do 👀

Please I know I don't do these comments by the end of the chap but I just felt the need to write that ^

Also, 2k views and 100+ votes😭😭