【Chapter 34】

❝ 𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Slender candles were lit making only a small pool of light as they were hanged on each wall allowing the three to only see very little. However, that quickly changed as they saw a bright pool of light as the shadow of a woman showed, stirring the caldron as she hummed a tune that only she knew. 

"Stir it good and stir it well, let not one bit of hope live well."

"Watch as it dives deep in the murky waters of hell, as my prey smiles down at their demise."

"I shall feast, and I shall laugh, for I have accomplished my meal."

The witch cackled as she glanced over her shoulder to show the four there, tied up and still in their little dreamland. "Aren't I just so generous? You die happily in your dreams not feeling the pain of death!" The witch smiled creepily down at them, examining each one of them only to stop short as she finally saw Hawks. 

"A pig? Why would I wish for a pig?! Disgusting meat with no soul!" The witch exclaimed in anger and waved her hand towards Hawks, a bark of wood sprouting from the ground and grabbing Hawks, a part of the hut opening as the bark of wood threw Hawks away into the distance. 

"Bah! What a waste of energy!" The witch complained under her breath as she continued to stir whatever liquid was inside the cauldron. In the far right were three figures, all three of them examining the witch to try and see when it would be best to strike.

"I say we kill the old hag now. It'll save us the trouble." Ban suggested as he lifted his sacred treasure only for it to be pulled down by Gowther. "Not now, the witch still has a good hold of the other three, if we move now then the witch will most likely just kill the others." Gowther whispered as he intently looked at the dreaming three. 

"Then what do we do?" Escanor asked him, having to look down to even see Gowther. Gowther turned quiet for a while before sighing. "Escanor, you'll distract her as I and Ban go and free the others. Try to give us as much time as possible, okay?" Gowther asked him, looking up to see Escanor as he nodded. 

"How is Escanor even gonna distract the old hag? She seems to know that we're close by." Ban countered, doubt spreading his features. "I say we just get Govinda and get out of here." Ban suggested earning him two pairs of glares from his comrades. 

"We can't leave the other three, we made a deal remember?" Gowther harshly whispered to him making Ban sigh in annoyance. "Besides, Captain is the only one who knows what Govinda looks like, so it's either make the witch give it to us or we leave now with nothing to show for our efforts." Escanor added making Ban groan.