Eighteen

Danny's POV
I got up from my bed and saw it was almost night time. I heard a new voice though. I went over to the railing to see Adrien was talking to a girl that wore nothing but black. I looked down at my hand and stared at the tattoo of Sam.

I jumped down, startling both of them."YOU SHOULD BE RESTING!" Adrien shouted as he got pale."Adrien, not even a bullet is going to stop me. Besides, I'm fine." I said.

I turned towards the girl."Now who are you and how'd you find this place?"

"I actually found her." Adrien said. I looked at him and then at her."My parents wanted me to marry the the son of the family they owed money to to pay off their debt. So I ran away and after being a month on the street, Adrien found me."

"Now why were you on the streets?" I asked Adrien."Looking for you actually. Last I saw you was before we went to bed. The next morning you were gone. You were gone for a whole week by the way!" Adrien said.

"A week?" I immediately went and took the bolts and nuts and stood behind the line."Wait, didn't Phantom already kill someone."

"That bastard practically asked to get killed by kidnapping the two of us. That's different." I threw a bolt and managed to knock one over."So you choose who dies and Phantom go kills them?"

"What's your name?" I asked."Alex." She said and crossed her arms."Well, Alex. That's exactly that. I'm the only one who chooses. I won't ask someone to do it."

"Life is short you know. You want to spend it by throwing bolts and nuts at figurines?"

"I'm immortal. Just like Phantom. I'm not wasting any time." I said. Alex looked shocked as I went upstairs to pick up the figurine. It was Bane.

"Well, who is it?"

"Bane! This is going to interesting."

"I see why you said not to piss him off." Alex said."Relax, Alex. Adrien is right. You don't want to see me pissed but that won't happen easily. I'll have patience when I know it isn't the bad guy that's pissing me off."

"Now that's handled, what's next for the warehouse?" Adrien asked. I looked around."I see you've been busy. Well done. The place looks amazing." I said.

I jumped off again and looked underneath the platform to see the makeshift pantry was now stacked with food and the fridge was halfway full.

The doors were reinforced with thin slabs of steel along with the wall that went along that area."How'd you do that though?" I asked. Adrien looked at Alex. Alex let up her hand where bright blue sparks formed."I'm a meta." She said.

"I'm also excellent with welding and such."

She's valuable to us."Well then, you have an important role here. Until you show me that I could trust you, then I'll give you that said role."

To the opposite of my own platform, I noticed that there was a gas burner and and oven."You are looking at my masterpieces." Alex said proudly.

"Well done." I said with a smile. So far she hasn't given me much reason not to start trusting her. She's been here for less than a week so far and the warehouse is already looking like an actual safe house.

"So what's the plan?" Adrien asked with a satisfied smile."We stock up on that fridge and get our hands on another one like that. Today we are going to go and look for people in need. We'll start with kids and elderly people. They're more vulnerable than middel aged people." I said.

"But we'll still help them?" Alex asked."Yes, si, of course, ja. I'm just saying, we put kids and elders first. We'll help them as well and everything. You get what I'm saying?" I said."Yeah, totally." Alex said.