17. real life

Shooting had began two weeks earlier and everything was going smoothly

Shooting had began two weeks earlier and everything was going smoothly. June had filmed many solo scenes and some short ones with both Seb and Xander.

Working with them was easy: they were great on-screen partners. Xander was very professional and he always cracked a joke in between takes; while working with Sebastian was less awkward than she would've expected. But then again, they had yet to film all the scenes where they were supposed to act like a couple or actually kiss.

That day she wouldn't have to be on set until three in the afternoon, so she was just chilling in her hotel room. Britt had gone out early in the morning and none of her other friends was free, but she didn't mind having a morning to herself.

She had just turned on the TV and was about to jump on the bed to watch some trashy program, when somebody knocked on her door. She groaned in frustration and dragged her feet to the entrance, assuming she would find Aaron ambushing her because he had finished earlier. But when she opened the door, she found herself facing a complete stranger.

"Hi, is this Chris Evans's room?" asked the unknown red-haired girl, with a strong British accent.

"Uhm, hello. Not really, why?"

The girl rolled her eyes in frustration, "The receptionist told me I would find him here. Can you by any chance point me to his room, please?"

June studied her while she was talking. She was quite short, with dark red hair and a thin but confident voice. Everything about her appearance seemed very calculated: her outfit was on point, her hair perfectly styled, and June could smell her perfume from where she was standing.

"Uhm, he's on set right now," she answered vaguely, "May I know why you're looking for him?"

She moved her weight from one foot to the other and gave her a suspicious look.

"You're June Monaghan, aren't you?" she asked instead, with a quirky tone, "His former roommate."

"I am indeed. And you are?"

"I'm Rogue Martin," she answered, as if that name should ring a bell, "I met Chris last March, at a premiere."

"Uhm, okay. Does he know you're looking for him?"

"No, not really," she answered, checking her manicured nails to show her nonchalance, "I thought I could surprise him, since he's here in London."

There was something about that woman that truly bothered June. She had not properly been rude to her, but she did not seem that polite either. She always spoke in a sort of presumptuous way and seemed quite annoyed by the questions June was asking. Of course she was not trying to be nosy, but Chris was a famous actor, after all, and there was a possibility that the girl in front of her was just a crazy fangirl trying everything to meet him.

"I see," She commented, with a suspicious tone, "What was the première you said you met him at?"

She smiled, but it was clearly a fake smile, "Well, I didn't say, actually. But it was the Captain America two première."

"Captain America and the Winter Soldier, you mean," June pointed out.

"Yeah, that one, I guess," she gestured as if the title was not really important.

That bothered June more than anything, but it kind of proved that she was not just some crazy fangirl. And then, out of the blue, a sudden realisation hit her right in the guts. At the end of the Captain America and the Winter soldier première, Chris had not come home. He woke up the next morning at some random girl's house after hooking up with her while wasted.

June's face must've shown her feelings, cause the red-haired girl smirked, "I have something to tell Chris and I think he'll be very interested in what I have to say."

"He won't be back until tonight," June stated, with a much more hostile tone, "But you can leave a message, if you really want to."

The woman rummaged through her purse and fished out what looked like a polaroid picture. She scribbled something on the back with a green pen, then handed it to her and walked away without any further comment. June looked at the back of the picture and saw a mobile number with the name Rogue followed by a tiny green heart.

Then June turned the picture and she almost had a heart attack. It showed a toddler with a dummy in her mouth, and she was playing with a stuffed doll. She had short curly hair and big eyes, and she was only wearing a nappy. There were also a name and a date written right under the picture: Aurora, 12/27/2013.

Shit was definitely about to hit the biggest fan in the world.

______________________

I'm extremely sorry for disappearing for such a long time, but in 2021 I lost one of the most important people in my life and it affected me to the point I couldn't bring myself to write. I'm back now and I have no intention of leaving this series hanging!

Thank you so so so much for your patience, I love you so much

effi