Chapter 11: Lens and Shopping

Speech indications

"Hello!" = Speaking verbally
"Hello!" = Speaking via telepathy
[Hello!] = Thoughts
Hello! = Narration
Hello! = Saiki commenting about someone's thoughts

These clothes are getting uncomfortable, I should really get new ones. Yeah I know, Author is weirdly obsessed with the outfit and refuses to change, but it is what it is. Hygiene is important, even for a psychic.

I was woken up from my beauty sleep by a loud door slam: Katsuki had gone to school. I check my phone, it was 8:05 AM. I sit up and rub my eyes...

...

I RUB MY EYES?????

[Where are my glasses?! I don't remember taking them off before going to sleep..] Panicked, I scramble around looking for the pair of green toy glasses, my hand covering my eyes to avoid turning someone or something to stone.

"Good morning Kusuo!" Mom came downstairs, holding a small rectangular box. I close my eyes and look down to seem somewhat normal, and ask her if she's seen my glasses. "Oh, your glasses? I took them off because you fell asleep on the couch, it'd be too bad if they broke..."

"WHERE did you put them?" I specify, earning wide eyes from her. But before she could even answer, I look through the box, and see the green lens. I immediately float the box towards me and hurriedly open it. But to my surprise...

It wasn't my pair of glasses.

It was a pocket sized cup that had been tinted with green dye. I gasp, and put it back into the box before sprinting upstairs, not giving mom the time to process what just happened. "Wh- HEY! Kusuo!!" she shouted, seeing me zoom through the hallway.

[I need something to cover my eyes! I can't run around shielding them with my hands, it'd look like I'm a typical protagonist with uncontrollable powers that needs accessories to withstand them.]

I look around, and locate the bathroom. I teleport inside and slam the door shut, locking it. I can finally uncover my eyes, and start looking through the cabinets for something to cover my medusa ripoff ability.

[There has to be something that can look normal... bingo!] I find a roll of bandage, and wrap it around my head, only on top of my eyes. [This should do. Now to find my glasses...] however, I hear knocking on the door.

"Saiki? Saiki! Is everything okay?!" Dad questioned from behind the door, worried about my health, apparently. I take a deep breath, scratching the back of my neck. "I'm fine, sorry for slamming the door. Do you know where my glasses are?"

There was silence for a bit. All his thoughts said were stuff like "is he sick" or "what is he doing in here", so all I could do is wait for his answer. In the meantime, I was sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

"I saw Mitsuki put them on the nightstand, but when I woke up, they were shattered on the ground..."

(*echoing* shattered on the ground...shattered on the ground...shattered on the ground...)

"...Do you have any contact lenses?" I ask, desperately trying to keep composure. It'd be easier if I had just looked for my glasses beforehand.

"I would give you mine, but I unfortunately use them a lot more than my glasses, sorry!" Dad apologised, before walking away from the door and going downstairs.

He continued "Mitsuki and I are heading to work now, be good alright?". I roll my eyes at the remark, but don't blame him for saying that either.

"Right. See you later dad."  Sighing in relief, I heard the parents' thoughts fade while they were leaving the 200 meter radius of my telepathy. I gently open the do-

[Please stand by! :D Author made an edgy joke!]

Seriously?! Whatever. I open the door and walk out towards their room. As expected, my glasses just sat there, shattered to pieces. I grab the bits carefully and execute my plan.

[Glasses, resume your original state!]

As I say those words, the pieces of glass gather up and form 2 green lens, while the white handles stick to their sides. I smile, and take off the cloth covering my eyes.

This was a lot of trouble in just one morning: at least it's been solved. I put my glasses on and conclude that I should go shopping for clothes now, it's in the title after all.

- :D -

I got dressed and left, my hands in my pockets. Now I COULD teleport, but I've never seen the interior of the malls here: all I can do is ask for directions, which I refuse to do.

So I did what I do best, and used telepathy for info. Since it's monday, malls are open. I try to focus on some of the thoughts breaking in and out of my head.

[Man, I hope the Kiyashi Ward shopping mall is open: I really need hair products! Now the full name was too convenient.]

Welp, I'm satisfied. I'll use thoughtography, which is the power I use to make an image of my thoughts.

[Now let's see...Kiyashi Ward shopping mall. Kiyashi Ward shopping mall. Kiyashi Ward shopping mall.]

A picture of Satou Hiroshi appeared instead. Fuck, I thought about him for a second: I facepalm and presume I have to try again.

[C'mon...Kiyashi Ward shopping mall. Kiyashi Ward shopping mall. Kiyashi Ward shopping mall.]

Finally, a picture of a barber shop and a restaurant next to each other appeared in my hand. I smirk, but decided to walk back home to leave in a different way...

[I'll use invisibility and teleportation instead- this won't help me walk there.]

I turn invisible, and teleport to the spot. It was somewhat quiet: after all, it's 9:34 am, on a monday. People would be working or at school.

I scan my surroundings, looking for a restroom. Luckily, a door with the typical restroom symbol written on it was seen, isolated from the other shops.

[It's a bit suspicious, but whatever. It's not like I can't defend myself.]

I cautiously make my way there, avoiding human contact to keep my invisibility. Once I'm there, I close it and fade back into visibility.

"Now that was very descriptive. Anyways, now that's over with, I can finally go shop-"

[Did that door just open and close by itself?!]

DAMMIT!