DAY SIX

SATURDAY

[STEP SIX - WALK HER OUT THE COMFORT ZONE LIKE A GENTLEMAN]

EMILIJA BARANAC | JULIET MARCEÈ
THE BALLERINA.

THIS IS WHAT you do when something you've been planning for four solid years of your life gets ruined in a four minute discussion with your principal.

You sit in a retro dining booth at Benny's Pizza Place with your friends sulking.

"He has no right to ban you from prom, no right!" Jodie sits down next to TJ, handing him his milkshake. "And stripping TJ of his Film Club presidency? No, no way. Not happening."

TJ sighs, disheartened. "There goes my scholarship, I was only selected for the Student Film Festival because I was president. Now it's going to the vice."

"Guys, did you notice when you fought with Sawyer, he had so many chances to properly fight back but he didn't?" Ruben explains insightfully.

"It was all a tactic." Ruben knew what he was saying, and he was more than right.

"So when Mr Walter looks at the whole situation he looks like the victim. Smart." TJ catches on.

Ruben nods. "Exactly."

Jodie shakes her head. "We fell for it."

"There's prom out the window for me. Just like that."

Romeo still didn't believe it was real.

"Can I get some more dip with this?" Sabrina asks the waitress with a mouthful of pizza.

"Did you not hear me?" Romeo turns to Sabrina. "I can't go to prom anymore which means there's no point in anything anymore."

She reaches for another slice and Romeo grabs the pizza before she can touch it.

"Hey!"

"Are you listening Lovie? Prom is done, finito."

She wipes her mouth with a napkin.

"I really don't get what the issue is. That's literally my dream." Sabrina sips her drink, chuckling.

"I mean, a ban would be ridiculous for me because I wouldn't go to begin with."

Romeo gives TJ, Ruben and Jodie a disappointing look, his plan was failing if Sabrina still felt the same way. He was very close to losing the pact. He only had four days.

"I mean prom is pretty cheesy." Jodie chimes in.

Ruben kicks her from underneath the table, giving her a stern look.

"Ow!" She winces, then notices her mistake. "I mean, cheesy because there's amazing food there- with cheese. Good cheese."

Sombrely, Romeo fiddles with the straw in his drink. "More than anything I want to see you get into your dream school, TJ. I want us all to have the best final proper memory in high school together at prom."