prelude.

Back to back to back, the three friends stayed close within each other's presence

Back to back to back, the three friends stayed close within each other's presence. Each of them were keeping watch of their surroundings. The dim light above them reflected off their sweaty melanin.

"I think everything is clear. Let's head back to our dorms," Adrian suggested but Cassius wasn't tryna have that.

"Shut your scary ass up! We gon' get to the bottom of this. Now let's split up."

They all slowly walked away from each other. Everything was silent until the boys heard Najah gasp. They raced back over to her, asking her what was wrong.

"I done stepped in some blood! Fucked around and messed my boots up!" She took the long white knee-high boot off her left leg, looking at the maroon colored liquid that got on it.

"Blood?!" Adrian's eyes widened as he looked down at Najah's boot. "Oh hell nah. I'm out, I'll catch y'all mothafuckas some other time!" He walked over to the door and tried to pull it open, but it was locked. To make matters even worse, there was blood on the doorknob that was now all over the palm of his hand.

"Shit!" Najah cursed. "Cassius, try opening the window!"

Adrian suddenly grabbed onto her. "Najahhhhh!" He whined out, beginning to cry like a bitch. "Look!"

Najah rolled her eyes at his dumb antics. "What, A?"

Soon as she turned around, she gasped and threw her hand over her mouth, backing up into the wall as Adrian began to cry harder.

Cassius was dead.