CHAPTER THREE.

BROWN KNUCKLES TAPPED ON THE MAHOGANY WOOD DOORS THREE TIMES.

Adrian looked from left to right and behind him to make sure nobody else was around. He was standing outside Chyna's dorm and didn't wanna get caught by any RA's. Number one, because he wasn't supposed to be on this side of the dorms, number two, because it was nighttime, and number three, he didn't want Stacy to catch him and beat his ass.

He knocked on the door again, a little bit louder this time. "Come on and open this damn door, girl," he mumbled to himself.

Just as he was about to say forget everything and walk away, Chyna opened the door. She yawned and stretched, her shirt rising above her belly button as she did so.

"Hey, Adrian. Sorry it took me so long, I was sleep." She apologized with a soft smile.

"You cool," Adrian gave a nervous smile, trying to focus on Chyna's eyes and not her hard nipples that were seeping through her shirt. "You could go back to sleep, I just wanted to stop by and make sure you was cool. You know, considering the fact that mothafuckas disappearing and dropping like flies and shit."

"Yeah, I'm fine," Chyna confirmed. "Thanks."

"Mmhm," Adrian nodded, trying to peak into her dorm room. "Yo' nigga in there? How 'bout yo' roommate?"

Chyna shook her head. "No. I'm in here by myself."

"Oh aight. Let me come in then," Adrian tried to make his way into the dormitory but Chyna put her hand on his chest, stopping him.

"Goodnight, Adrian," she shut the door in his face before he could respond.

••

The next day had arrived and the crew were at their table in the back of the library.

"So she standin' there all sexy and shit, I ain't know what to do! Like she got some little ass shorts on, her nipples pokin' through her shirt—I was 'bout to have a heart attack! I wanted to beat the pussy up like some eggs. Cake batter, even." Adrian explained to Cassius.

"Eww," Najah laughed.

"Ain't no eww!" Adrian mugged her. "This is a conversation of the men, stay in a woman's place!"

Najah jerked her head back and was about to reply to him, but Saige came over to the table.

"Hey guys!" She placed her books down as Chadè and Baxter walked over as well.

"Wassup?" Cassius greeted.

"Where everybody else at?" Chadè asked, taking a seat next to Baxter.

"We right here!" Breanna ran over to the table with May and La'ron behind her.

"We had trouble getting here cause we were tryna' figure out if y'all wanted to meet up in this library or the other library," La'ron explained.

"...there's only one library," Baxter confusingly notified.

"Yeah, that's why we were struggling." May took a seat.

"We don't be in here!" Breanna added.

The nine of them agreed to meet up in the library when they all had free periods to discuss their plans on how they would get some info on the killer and all that fun stuff.

"Okay," Saige opened the floor. "First thing's first, I just wanna say we should all watch our surroundings. If something seems iffy to us, we get away from it immediately."

The table full of people nodded in agreement.

Najah snapped her fingers. "And we should look for clues! Like if we see or hear something suspicious, we report back to each other."

"I hope you don't mean report as in book report cause I ain't too good at those," Breanna scratched her head.

"I'm pretty sure she means report as in to tell each other," Saige explained as Breanna let out an 'oh'.

"Wait a minute," Adrian looked at everyone surrounding him in suspicion. "How would we know if one of us ain't the killer?"

Cassius scoffed. "That's stupid."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure if one of was the killer, we wouldn't be sitting around talking about taking the killer down." Chadè proved.

"I know what I'm finna say ain't right, but I kinda hope they find some more dead bodies so they could close the school down," La'ron stated. "I got an upcoming test in three days and I ain't study for it at all."

"Let's just go looking for clues right now!" Baxter stood up.

"Yeah!" May agreed. "This is so exciting!"

Everyone at the table stood up and Adrian stared at Najah in shock, covering his mouth, gasping and repeatedly hitting the table dramatically.

"It's her! It's her! Najah got blood on her! Her ass is the killer! I knew it!"

Najah was perplexed. "What are you talkin' about A? What blood?" She looked down at her clothes and didn't see anything.

However, everybody else could see the blotch of blood seeping through the back of her peach colored jeans.

"Girl, let me walk you to the bathroom." Breanna whispered and Najah finally realized what happened.

Cassius punched Adrian's shoulder.

"Ouch, mothafucka! Fuck you hit me for?" He asked in a confused tone, rubbing his shoulder.

"She's not the killer, dumbass!" Cassius shouted.

"She got her period." Chadè informed.

"Ohhhh.....my bad," Adrian put both hands up.

Breanna walked Najah to the bathroom so she could see the damage the blood did her pants. The two then walked to Najah's dorm so she could take a quick shower then get herself together, and Breanna decided to wait outside the room.

Only problem was once Najah was done and opened up her door, Breanna was nowhere to be found.

"Bre? Breanna?" Najah called out. "Where'd you go?"

Najah walked further out into the hallway and stepped on a folded up piece of paper. She bent down and picked it up, reading the words written in bloody ink:

"ONE DOWN, EIGHT TO GO."