We Interrupt This Day...

***Four Days Later***

Viv went all over her room, gathering a few things and stuffing them into a bag. Nothing major, just a change of clothes, a repair kit(courtesy of Shuri and Bruce Banner, in case anything bad should happen to her), and her Avengers ID Card. With that, she was now prepped for her mission: To save Wanda.

For the past few days, Viv had been alone in her and Wanda's apartment after her guardian had left for an "errand." But since then, she had neither seen nor heard from Wanda.

===========================================================================

Four Days Ago

The morning after Viv had done the sketch, she woke up and came out to the living area to see Wanda all dressed and ready to leave.

"Good morning, Viv!" She greeted, walking up to the teen-synthezoid and embracing her.

It was a surprise, but Viv hugged her guardian back. "Good morning, Wanda. Are you going somewhere?" She asked, noticing Wanda's attire.

To which her guardian hummed and nodded. "Mhm. I have an errand I need to run, and...it's actually to get something for you."

That caught Viv's attention, causing her head to perk up. "For me?"

Wanda smiled and nodded again. A curious smile then came to Viv.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Ah, ah!" Wanda waved a teasing finger at her. "You'll have to wait and see."

At that, Viv smiled even more and agreed. The two then hugged and said their goodbyes before Wanda left.

And that was the last Viv had seen of her.

==========================================================================

Since Wanda didn't say how long she'd be, Viv didn't think much of it when she didn't come home the night she had left. But after the second day, her worry levels had gone up. Taking action, she checked with her family, the Avengers, hoping that they would find something. But there was nothing. It was almost as if Wanda had vanished from the face of the earth.

With no results and pending, Viv decided to take matters into her own hands. It was something she hadn't done or tried since she had first been brought into her body. But at this point, she was desperate.

She laid on her bed and, going into a deep sleep-like state, the teen-synthezoid took a ride deep into her "subconscious"...aka cyberspace. It was a mysterious but interesting place. Viv knew that if her friend Peter were here, he'd instantly compare it to The Grid from TRON. Which, in a sense, it was.

With bits of data and sound waves flowing and flashing by, Viv reached out and listened to the never-ending digital sea. She was looking for anything -- a picture, video, reflection, anything that could help her find Wanda. Then she found something, a file that did contain images and video of her guardian...only the file was encrypted. Heavily encrypted, at that. And there was a tag in it too. 

PROPERTY OF S.W.O.R.D.

She had heard of them before. The Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Division, SWORD was like the new, space exploration version of SHIELD. Top notch government type. 

Though she wanted desperately to hack into it, she knew that wouldn't go well with the organization and could even come back on her and her friends. So she moved on, but kept a mark on that file for as soon as it opened. 

Searching on, Viv continued to listen. And then, she caught on to something. It was an extremely hazy broadcasting signal, hanging over New Jersey from the looks of it. And it grabbed her curiosity even more when she heard it...

"W----Wanda!"

Now, granted, that could have been anyone talking to any Wanda. It didn't necessarily mean that was her Wanda. But what she heard next hit Viv even harder.