goodbyes are hard

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

[ sad + fluff ]

lightly stroking your thumb over john b's face, you let a few tears fall. you're not ready to say goodbye. it was hard enough for you to finally accept that john b was gone, but it's another thing to say goodbye.

"hey..." you look up to see jj - your boyfriend - slowing walking into the spare bedroom of the chateau. this spare bedroom eventually unofficially became yours and jj's.

"um, w-we're ready if you are" he hesitates, walking over to you and sitting himself beside you.

"i-i'm not ready... to say goodbye. at the start- this summer was supposed to be a good time all the time, john b said it himself. a-and now he's not even here" you let out a humourless laugh and accept jj's attempts to comfort you. he gently pulls your body to his, resting his head atop yours, running his thumb along your shoulder.

"i know this is hard for you, but we're all we have at this point. and we need to do this together" jj tells you, pulling back and softly kissing your head, then your nose.

you and john b have practically known each other since birth. your dad was as obsessed about the finding the royal merchant wreck as big john was. except yours knew when too far was.

you stand up and instantly hug jj, nuzzling your head in between his neck and shoulders.

"i love you, j" you whisper before placing a soft kiss on his neck.

"i love you" he answers back.

"let's do this"

with that you both make your way out to join kiara and pope, all standing in front of the big tree, beside the hot tub jj promptly bought last year.

pope moves forward and starts to hit the tree with the axe. clearing away the bark layer, exposing the inside of the tree, meanwhile jj starts to carefully heat up the end of a tool i couldn't name for the life of me.

i move over to kiara, grasping her hand, the photo frame of the 6 of us in my other hand.

we all watch as jj begins to mark the tree, letter by letter, he engraves "rip john b routledge" and "2003-2020"

tears begin streaming down my face yet again, but i don't try to wipe them away. i just let them fall.

jj moves forward and wraps an arm around your waist, his other hand holding his flask.

he raises the hand holding the flask up in the air, "to john b" he says before taking a long sip.

"and to sarah" kiara adds, looking down at a box she's holding in her hand.

"i-i... uhm, i got this from home," you begin, moving towards the tree.

"i think it's the only photo we all have together" you laugh out, slowly lowering yourself down to your knees and placing the frame at the stump of the tree. you pick some surrounding flowers and place them around the frame.

the photo is of all 6 of you. you're on jj's shoulders, kiara on pope's and sarah on john b's. it was taken the morning after john b went down and got the first couple of gold bars. the night after you and the girls nearly got killed by mrs crain. you guys got some random touron to take it for you, and immediately got it printed out.

you don't know when it happened or why you didn't feel it happening, but a full on break down is what happened. sobs wrack from the back of your throat, your body shaking as you cry.

jj immediately steps forward and helps you up. wrapping his hands around your waist and comforting you as he had earlier.

you hear kiara tell pope to give you guys a minute.

"it's okay," he pauses to give you many kisses over your face, "it's alright. we got this" he whispers reassuringly.

he leads you back inside and into the spare bedroom. you both cuddle up together, holding onto each other for dear life.
"it's okay, beautiful. we're going to get through this, together" he whispers. he unbuttons his flannel and drapes it over your shoulders.

he leaves little kisses across your face occasionally as you slowly, but surely, drift to sleep.

you've already let one friend slip past you, and you'd be damned if you let another.
____________________________________
word count : 821

hey guys, welcome to my first jj maybank imagine! i'm so excited for the ideas i have planned and i can't wait for you guys to read them.

please for the sake of my sanity, let me know if you guys liked it <3

also, please don't hesitate to send me some requests / ideas for imagines because i will eventually run out of ideas. these requests can be ideas formed from the show or even from shows or just your own ideas in general.