"ehhehe, cute" - renyang

magic au<3
renjun is a witch, something that only runs in his family.

to put some context,
renjun goes to a school that studies magic. but can't practice it. like they just research about it and not cast spells because they can't.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
renjun pov

"argh, i really want another moomin plushie..."

"hey, uh...renjun, i heard you liked moomin and i got this moomin keychain as a freebie so do you want it?"

"oh, uhm thanks i guess..."

"you're welcome"

ugh, why does everyone want to be so nice to me,
at the end they just use me because i have 'cool things' that can do weird things.
i really don't get why some of them want my golden potion that makes your hair shine. it was literally a failed subject.

"here, in return i'll give you a locket that smells like roses wherever you go."

"oh wow! thanks!"

pshh, that was just a necklace with rose essence. why are people so excited about such things.

⛅️

"so class, today we are studying about one of the greatest books in history. the book of magic!"

i already know about this basic stuff. teach me more advanced stuff.

"the book of magic was a very rare book that contained many recipes and spells that were very strong"

"ooo!"

please- that book is nothing.

"but, after the fire at the mauve palace, it's remains are yet to be discovered. it is assumed that it burned in the fire sadly. but even if we still had the book today, no one can read the language since it is said to be in an old foreign language."

oh my god really?
my ancestors stole the book and caused the fire.
and we still have the fucking book.
i studied it for the last 3 years and was forced to learn from it.
it was ours to begin with anyways.

"if it was so important, why didn't it have a spell where it could never burn or disappear?"

there goes yangyang, the 'smartest student in the whole universe' questioning everything like a 6 year old.

"we aren't quite sure since the monarchs at mauve palace just kept it stored in a storage room."

"but why did the book burn if storage rooms back then were as strong as they are now?"

just figure it out already.
some FUCKING WITCHES STOLE THE BOOK AND BURNED THE PALACE TO COVER IT UP.
damn.

"i'm not sure about that. anyways, we will be discussing about the spells from a similar book to it which has some of the same spells and recipes as the book of magic."

⛅️

"hey renjun. you seem to know a lot about ancient books. do you have information about the book of magic?"

hello mr. "questions everything in the universe"

"yeah, i think i know about some stuff."

"cool, wanna sit over there and talk?"

"okay.."

i'm being used again.
i should really stop letting them use me.

"so one thing i know is that most of the book was just recipes for potions or something"